• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sarah Champion

Of course you don't want the the findings, as they demonstrate a clear failure time and time again by Labour run authorities to deal and recognise that the problem lies within certain parts of our communities.

Sure we can have prosecutions, and I'm not against that but also we need to identify what went wrong and how to put it right.
That depends on what you hope to achieve and what the motives are.
In Grenfell I see that as failure of local authority and private companies, but also there are policy implications. I would hope that would lead to prosecutions for negligence and policy changes mostly in terms of funding and health and safety laws being enforced.
In Rotherham I see that as failure of local authority, individuals in the social services, and individuals in the police. I would hope that would lead to prosecutions for negligence but there is not official policy at fault (though obviously child protection provision needs tightening/expanding). The main outcome for me would be that all people in positions of responsibility see very clear examples that if you remain quiet when you are aware of abuse – then you will go to prison.

Of course you don't want the the findings, as they demonstrate a clear failure time and time again by Labour run authorities to deal and recognise that the problem lies within certain parts of our communities.

Sure we can have prosecutions, and I'm not against that but also we need to identify what went wrong and how to put it right.

You know Kensington and Chelsea Council has been run by the Tories since forever. Just saying.....

You know Kensington and Chelsea Council has been run by the Tories since forever. Just saying.....

Grenfell was introduced into the discussion by AAS...not sure why as its not really relevant to Labour local authorities mishandling of CSE, by groups of Pakistani males against 1000's of vulnerable white children.
Perhaps other than quick look over there, I fail to see what Grenfell has to do with Sarah Champion.

Grenfell was introduced into the discussion by AAS...not sure why as its not really relevant to Labour local authorities mishandling of CSE, by groups of Pakistani males against 1000's of vulnerable white children.
Perhaps other than quick look over there, I fail to see what Grenfell has to do with Sarah Champion.
because I was talking about responsibility and punishment. There was mention of 'findings' from investigations, so I made the comparison - Grenfell there is an element of policy / funding change needed where 'findings' are more relevant, in my mind in Rotherham I'm more interested in punishment for those who turned a blind eye - that is what will deter people from neglecting their duty to vulnerable children in the future.

I'm am very happy for Labour Councillors to go to prison for neglect. And the police, and social workers. And the Tory Councillor who accepted the request not to go public - put them all away for failing in their duties to vulnerable children.

I have no interest in protecting the party - anyone who finds dealing with the concept of cultural differences too tricky to deal with shouldn't be in office. It's very simple - rapists go to prison. Anyone who allows rape to happen by over complicating this very simple concept should not be in public office. Know of rape then report it, if you don't then you should be punished too. No excuses, no allegiances, no complications.

The fact is that everyone on here will know someone who has been raped (even if you have not been told about it) and will more than likely also know the rapist, because it is a crime that is rife and always has been. When it becomes a crime that is dealt efficiently then we will start to see real change.

I don't think we should be resting on laurels and hoping turning a blind eye is over - there should be investigations to determine who had information on these attacks that they sat on, only by prosecuting these people will we see changes in people's actions. Turning a blind eye can't be seen as the easy option - that should be seen as the dangerous option as if you are neglecting your duty you should fear you will end up in court.

Sarah Champion did do her duty and has been forced to resign. Force to resign by left wing ideology which is more important than preventing children being raped.

The usual suspects on the zone are no better than the Catholic hierarchy who have covered up for priests in the past. As you can see for your selves by the comments they make. Just like when children have had the courage to report such crimes they were accused of telling lies and silenced.

Unfortunately for the Groovy gang this random troll won't be silenced........Justice for children:thumbsup:

You know, we are in a thread where some has likened public servants to Nazis.

Anything goes really.....

Sarah Champion did do her duty and has been forced to resign. Force to resign by left wing ideology which is more important than preventing children being raped.

The usual suspects on the zone are no better than the Catholic hierarchy who have covered up for priests in the past. As you can see for your selves by the comments they make. Just like when children have had the courage to report such crimes they were accused of telling lies and silenced.

Unfortunately for the Groovy gang this random troll won't be silenced........Justice for children:thumbsup:

No.As I understand it she resigned ol her own volition.

Sarah Champion chose to quit because of poor wording in an article she submitted to The Sun - and the implications of their own article that they doubled up with hers. It compromised her. She quit and apologised.

She is still a Labour MP and Corbyn has said that he is looking forward to continuing to work with her.

I have clearly stated that any negligent Labour Councillors should be prosecuted. I don't see anyone else on here defending rapists or people who neglect their responsibilities.

Who are 'the usual suspects on the zone'?

You are literally arguing with people that you imagine in your head rather than people that actually exist.

You really see yourself as some kind of campaigner because you troll on here and did some GE door-knocking for an independent that no one else has heard of.

Tell me, as I'm interested in your attitude towards the Labour Party - you used to be a Labour voter - when did you last vote Labour and what policies appealed to you?

Sarah resigned - her choice. She wrote in The Sun - why would anyone do that? and says they misrepresented her words (they say they didn't), and put her article next to an inflammatory comment peice.

I don't see why it's an issue for Labour - councillors, police, social workers should be investigated and prosecuted - they are individuals. And child protection should be improved on a local and national level. Who gives a **** about 'awkward' conversations - just treat it like a problem that needs fixing in the way that any civil service collapse of procedure would be investigated and fixed,

Yes writing in the Sun is worse than grooming or rape.

As for blaming individuals.....People working in the public sector should be protected not operating in fear of their career because of dangerous and damaging ideology. That's why we have unions to protect individuals not prosecute them because people above them failed the whole nation.

Under our new 'you will be silenced' rules no public sector worker can use the last line of defence and go to the press. Whenever the latest scandal emerges from an at risk child being murdered, a hospital blunder right up to Grenfell house all workers are banned from speaking out. This was forced upon us by the Blair government and happily continued under the Tories.

Yes writing in the Sun is worse than grooming or rape.

As for blaming individuals.....People working in the public sector should be protected not operating in fear of their career because of dangerous and damaging ideology. That's why we have unions to protect individuals not prosecute them because people above them failed the whole nation.

Under our new 'you will be silenced' rules no public sector worker can use the last line of defence and go to the press. Whenever the latest scandal emerges from an at risk child being murdered, a hospital blunder right up to Grenfell house all workers are banned from speaking out. This was forced upon us by the Blair government and happily continued under the Tories.
Bolded statement - no one has said that, you are again arguing against points that no one has made.

I completely disagree with you - I blame individuals - anyone that is aware of rape should do everything in their power to make sure the police are informed and that the complaint is actioned. No excuses.

I'm stunned that you would make excuses for these people.

i
because I was talking about responsibility and punishment. There was mention of 'findings' from investigations, so I made the comparison - Grenfell there is an element of policy / funding change needed where 'findings' are more relevant, in my mind in Rotherham I'm more interested in punishment for those who turned a blind eye - that is what will deter people from neglecting their duty to vulnerable children in the future.

Why in your opinion did they turn a blind eye?

The findings of the Rotherham report suggest that is was due to over sensitivity towards one part of the community, at the expense of another.

To bring this back to Labour they have had 20 years to come to terms with what is going on, and are still making a hash of it.

Last edited:
i

Why in your opinion did they turn a blind eye?

The findings of the Rotherham report suggest that is was due to over sensitivity towards one part of the community, at the expense of another.

To bring this back to Labour they have had 20 years to come to terms with what is going on, and are still making a hash of it.
those involved probably turned a blind eye because of over sensitivity to one part of the community - which as far as I am concerned a completely unacceptable excuse and no barrier to prosecution for neglect of duty and failure to report a crime.

Making a hash of it still? Because of Champion's article? Never write for the Sun is the golden rule, your words will be twisted.

Unless 'still' refers to something else - in which case who is not making a hash of it?

those involved probably turned a blind eye because of over sensitivity to one part of the community - which as far as I am concerned a completely unacceptable excuse and no barrier to prosecution for neglect of duty and failure to report a crime.

Making a hash of it still? Because of Champion's article? Never write for the Sun is the golden rule, your words will be twisted.

Unless 'still' refers to something else - in which case who is not making a hash of it?

See my post 32 ....as to why Labour are making a hash of it.

Never mention muslim grooming gangs is the other golden rule of the Labour party. Sahara broke both rules so had to go.

You want individuals within the council prosecuted for not doing enough in the climate 10/15 years ago but even now after it has emerged there are 1400 victims in Rotherham alone. The local MP, a woman, has to resign for speaking up.....The Labour party are a disgrace.

Never mention muslim grooming gangs is the other golden rule of the Labour party. Sahara broke both rules so had to go.

You want individuals within the council prosecuted for not doing enough in the climate 10/15 years ago but even now after it has emerged there are 1400 victims in Rotherham alone. The local MP, a woman, has to resign for speaking up.....The Labour party are a disgrace.

AS JC rightly said it was "wrong to label a whole community." https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ys-jeremy-corbyn-wrong-to-sack-sarah-champion

Back