Likes Likes:  40
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sarah Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Another Surrey Shrimper View Post
    discussing things with you is a bit fruitless as you make baseless claims about others that have to be deleted and at the same time refuse to answer a very simple question that will help to explain why your understanding of the Labour Party is so inaccurate.

The thread is about a Labour MP.
    You have many many times identified as an ex-Labour voter, the implication being that you understand both sides.
    So it's very relevant to understanding your views to ask when and why you last voted Labour.

I'm happy for you to admit you never voted Labour then we can stop trying to locate your insight.
    Normally your hypocrisy spreads across different threads but in this case its in the same post

Quote Originally Posted by rigsby View Post
    Normally you hypocrisy spreads across different threads but in this case its in the same post
    I was just giving an option on your reluctance to answer a simple question - an escape route for you. Feel free to give the actual answer.

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

Looks like our dear Jeremy is guilty of plagiarism. He's used Donald Trumps speech from last week.
    That's funny.I just googled the quote and got a link to the Guardian article I quoted above.No mention of Trump.
    “And I need you more than want you / And I want you for all time”

Glen Campbell/Jimmy Webb.Wichita Lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangled up in Blue View Post
    Suggest you guys read the rest of JC's quote:-“I think what you have to do is label those that perpetrate disgusting and disgraceful crimes against people, and they can be from any community, they can be white, they can be black, they can be any community, but they have to be dealt with as the crime of what it is,” he said.

Corbyn said grooming scandals in Rotherham, Rochdale, Newcastle and elsewhere should not be taken to suggest there was a “particular problem” with Pakistani men.

“The problem is the crime that is committed against women from any community,” he said. “Much crime is committed by white people, crime is committed by people of other communities as well.

“What I think is right is to deal with the problem of the safety and security and vulnerability of often young women, who can be groomed by all kinds of people into some awful and dangerous situations.”
    It's perhaps more beneficial for us to actually think and consider if what Corbyn is saying is accurate?

Corbyn said grooming scandals in Rotherham, Rochdale, Newcastle and elsewhere should not be taken to suggest there was a “particular problem” with Pakistani men.

If the perpetrators of the abuse had Pakistani heritage which would perhaps influence the way they think and act then it is highly relevant and would point to problems within that particular community....to suggest otherwise is a failure to follow the findings and recommendations of various investigations into this type of criminality.

What Corbyn and many others seem to be doing is attempting to draw comparisons with the crime rather than the motive for committing it and how and why it was committed. ...these aren't gangs of men that are choosing their victims across all communities they are doing it only against white children

So if Corbyn is unable for whatever reason to identify that this goes well beyond typical abuse then that should be of concern to all.

“The problem is the crime that is committed against women from any community,” he said. “Much crime is committed by white people, crime is committed by people of other communities as well.

Actually this is incorrect...in terms of the Pakistani grooming gangs, they are are not committing crimes against women from any community...they are doing this selectively against one.

Wouldn't Corbyn have been better informed to at least recognise that part of the problem in the past was a complete stasis and inability to address these issues in their infancy due to political sensitivity towards one community at the expense of another.
    Last edited by callan; Today at 12:27 PM.
    "But the significant thing is not that they happen, but that, even when they are known about, they provoke no reaction from the left-wing intelligentsia as a whole. The argument that to tell the truth would be "inopportune" or would "play into the hands of" somebody or other is felt to be unanswerable"

Suggest you guys read the rest of JC's quote:-“I think what you have to do is label those that perpetrate disgusting and disgraceful crimes against people, and they can be from any community, they can be white, they can be black, they can be any community, but they have to be dealt with as the crime of what it is,” he said.

“What I think is right is to deal with the problem of the safety and security and vulnerability of often young women, who can be groomed by all kinds of people into some awful and dangerous situations.”
    Weasel words from Jezbollah - "Much crime is committed by white people". That might be because we live in a country that is over 80% white. It's a bit like a Ghanian politician saying "Much crime is committed by black people."

That's funny.I just googled the quote and got a link to the Guardian article I quoted above.No mention of Trump.
    Well there's a surprise for us all.

Shouldn't you be more concerned about your own problems in Spain right now. We know from history that the Spanish aren't as tolerant as us Brits and no doubt the Catalonians will use it as an excuse to push for independence.

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

Well there's a surprise for us all.

Shouldn't you be more concerned about your own problems in Spain right now. We know from history that the Spanish aren't as tolerant as us Brits and no doubt the Catalonians will use it as an excuse to push for independence.
    The Catalans don't need any excuse for that.

Most people would say that the poilce,emergency services etc response yesterday was spot on.Obviously Nice,London etc has given them a year or so to prepare.
    “And I need you more than want you / And I want you for all time”

Glen Campbell/Jimmy Webb.Wichita Lineman.

Life President

what is the everything that you need to know?
    That at the top of the party the truth and the safety of our people rank below political correctness.
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Director

it seems like The Sun did, and then put it right next to the Sarah Champion article. Her resigning was probably partly to do with her late realisation that you don't write for The Sun. If she had written it anywhere else I don't think she would have felt the need to resign.

(and let's be clear, she resigned from a front bench role, she is still an MP and Corbyn has said he continues to look forward to working with her).
    You know what, I actually think you're more concerned that a labour MP has written a article for The Sun newspaper rather than the point she makes?
    You are pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpers are Magic View Post
    You know what, I actually think you're more concerned that a labour MP has written a article for The Sun newspaper rather than the point she makes?
    You are pathetic.
    You know what, you are wrong.
    Probably best to not base insults on assumptions. Maybe ask me what I think and then insult me based on my answer rather than insult me based on your assumption.

Manners cost nothing.