Likes Likes:  95
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Rotherham 5 - 0 Southend United.

The game seems to reflect the same problems as the start of last season. Scunthorpe away was atrocious and I remember walking out after 75 mins away at Northampton when 4-0 down. You would think it would be different this year. I really didn't like the attitude and application of the players on Tuesday and we put it down to saving themselves for Saturday, they were worse!
    Hendrie got battered by Nouble on Tuesday and had his confidence wiped out, then got roasted again yesterday. If I was the Plymouth manager, I'd target him straight away on Saturday.

Hopefully Woody will be back soon,any news on when Turner is likely to be back?Once they are back it should help.

Honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing. I've never reacted like that to a football match before but I was genuinely angry at that ***** I was watching. Thank **** that isn't our first team and apologies to anyone I annoyed for shouting **** for 90 minutes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maldon Shrimper View Post
    Hopefully Woody will be back soon,any news on when Turner is likely to be back?Once they are back it should help.
    Big danger is we now rush Woody back and he gets injured again

Ferdinand nowhere near his man for three of those goals...awful unfortunately.
    not always good but never ever boring

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrshire Blue View Post
    Big danger is we now rush Woody back and he gets injured again
    Very true,us fans new to be patient judge our performance when all our players are available

Very true,us fans new to be patient judge our performance when all our players are available
    My gripe is that we were told this last season too...why are our players not ready for a seasons beginning...AGAIN!!! It's no secret when the season starts, so why has the manager assembled a squad that can't have a decent pre season thus costing us valuable points...please see last season for proof of this.
    not always good but never ever boring

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Trigg View Post
    What about the 9 - 1 against Brighton my introduction as a kid to a bad day at the office
    That was 65/6 and midweek,wasn't it? (I was still at school too).
    “And I need you more than want you / And I want you for all time”

Glen Campbell/Jimmy Webb.Wichita Lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangled up in Blue View Post
    That was 65/6 and midweek,wasn't it? (I was still at school too).
    No, it was a Saturday!

I was working down in Southampton at the Ford Transit plant, jumped on the train and went up to the game at Palace....8-0 wright and bright did the damage If I remember....that was along train journey back let alone the abuse I received the next day from the saints fans at work.

These results happen, it's not nice and you just hope its a fluke, a bad day at the office and the players will get back to winning ways next week.....even if next week we have a scrappy 1-0 win I would take it

if that group can't collective defend then we are in trouble....
    "Since I was young "........

Quote Originally Posted by leeblue View Post
    My gripe is that we were told this last season too...why are our players not ready for a seasons beginning...AGAIN!!! It's no secret when the season starts, so why has the manager assembled a squad that can't have a decent pre season thus costing us valuable points...please see last season for proof of this.
    also the same as last season bringing in other teams rejects a player thats not played for over two years ,a player that even burton did not want a untried french striker that cant even speak english a new country so will take the rest of the season to settle ,not replaced a very dodgy keeper ,should of signed that young brighton keeper and the same dodgey tatics yet again

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marlow17101032 View Post
    also the same as last season bringing in other teams rejects a player thats not played for over two years ,a player that even burton did not want a untried french striker that cant even speak english a new country so will take the rest of the season to settle ,not replaced a very dodgy keeper ,should of signed that young brighton keeper and the same dodgey tatics yet again
    We've taken untried "French" players before (Laurent and Mohsni) - they both did ok and neither took long to settle. Plenty of players in the Prem who don't speak the language of their coach and doesn't seem to have hindered them too much. I had a feeling Burton DID want Kightly?

As for Christian Walton, well, he had a few dodgy games too - out of interest, who are you describing as the very dodgy keeper? Oxley was playing fantastically when he picked up the injury that kept him out at the end of last season.

These old veterans simply cannot turn it on week after week...giving long lucrative contracts to these type of players is frankly appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by jtsouthend View Post
    we just seemed intent on moving the ball forward quickly, even it is was not aimed at one of our players. And what's the point of lumping it all day when the opposition were very strong in the air. Was really expecting us to get it on the deck and pass and move.
    That's probably the reason why these players are playing in League 1 and not higher?. How long doe's it take a defender to realise the 'hoof' ball isn't working, and to play the ball low?.
    All your doing is giving the ball back to the opposition!.
    Back in our play off final win, Lincoln were a 'team of giants' ( Tilly's quote ), so common sense dictates you play it on the ground!.