Likes Likes:  95
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Rotherham 5 - 0 Southend United.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlueLady View Post
    We've taken untried "French" players before (Laurent and Mohsni) - they both did ok and neither took long to settle. Plenty of players in the Prem who don't speak the language of their coach and doesn't seem to have hindered them too much. I had a feeling Burton DID want Kightly?

As for Christian Walton, well, he had a few dodgy games too - out of interest, who are you describing as the very dodgy keeper? Oxley was playing fantastically when he picked up the injury that kept him out at the end of last season.
    Burton fans certainly wanted Kightly at least. They were gutted that he decided to join us over them. And by all accounts I saw from pre-season, that 'untried french striker' looked very good and could prove to be a good signing in the future.

Just a few thoughts / comments...I don't think 4-4-2 with 2 attacking wide men works away from home. I'm not sure Hendrie was any worse than Demetriou or Ferdinand and I wonder if PB's original thinking in buying him was to play him left-sided midfield in an Atkinson type role with Kightly on the right. I think we need to bring in another CM more than anything else (or two if we put Lenny out of his misery and let him go)

On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the shops)

Quote Originally Posted by LennySUFC View Post
    I literally don't know where to begin.

Hendrie 2 - quite possible the most inept performance I've seen from a LB. He was absolutely destroyed down the left hand side
    Sounds like he could be out for some time after having that stroke
    Twitter: @RobertFox278 SIMPLICITER SE NUNQUAM DIMISIT

Quote Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
    MAF - 4 - If he was a little younger then he would've been perfect for the hoof ball ***** we played. Leaving a 34 year old man to chase the ball and beat the last man was never going to work.
    He's 36, not 34.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Football View Post
    Dreadful. In all seriousness I'm struggling to think of such an inept and gutless performance. It was way worse than Tuesday. By a mile.
    How does it compare to the infamous 5-0 at Carlisle?

Standard Brown protocol after one of these types of performances is to blame a centre-back and freeze them out. Will this be White or Anton?

Whilst the subs seem to have done a good job in keeping the scoreline under 6, it's a little disappointing that with the game well over by half time we didn't use this as an opportunity to give Yearwood, Bridge or Ba some league experience. With six of our starting line-up already over 30 and a further two set to pass that milestone this season, we're not lacking in experience to bed in a second player under the age of 26. Especially as that looks a rather open midfield on paper and could have been tightened up by playing Yearwood or Timlin wide midfield alongside two centre-mids.
    "probablyDefinitely THE most clueless idiot on here" - according to wiggy

Currently mourning the departure of Franck Moussa.

Appreciating Zaaboub before it becomes fashionable

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Blue View Post
    He's 36, not 34.

How does it compare to the infamous 5-0 at Carlisle?

Standard Brown protocol after one of these types of performances is to blame a centre-back and freeze them out. Will this be White or Anton?

Whilst the subs seem to have done a good job in keeping the scoreline under 6, it's a little disappointing that with the game well over by half time we didn't use this as an opportunity to give Yearwood, Bridge or Ba some league experience. With six of our starting line-up already over 30 and a further two set to pass that milestone this season, we're not lacking in experience to bed in a second player under the age of 26. Especially as that looks a rather open midfield on paper and could have been tightened up by playing Yearwood or Timlin wide midfield alongside two centre-mids.
    That makes it even worse!