• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bloody embarrassing to lose a game 5-0 to anyone. Sounds like we were generally poor all over the pitch and were outplayed at every opportunity. I do hope we don't have to read pages and pages of 'Brown out'. The quicker we put this game behind us and focus on the next game the better.

The Blackburn game proved that we've got players in the squad who are more than capable at this level and we've still got Ranger to come back which will lift us. Let's not hit the panic button and start a witch hunt two games into the season.

Didn't go but it's not often that you breathe a sigh of relief that it's only a 5-0 defeat after what appears to have been a nightmare first half

I just woke up from a nightmare, dreamt we lost 5-0? I think we will do better. COYBB

The Blackburn game proved that we've got players in the squad who are more than capable at this level and we've still got Ranger to come back which will lift us. Let's not hit the panic button and start a witch hunt two games into the season.

Blackburn lost 3-1 at home to Doncaster today so maybe we aren't as good as many think.

Brown says he's embarrassed and sorry. And the team are in training tomorrow.

Brown: "Apologies to the fans for the way we performed. Anything that could go wrong did go wrong today."

"I'm embarrassed. I feel for the fans and I apologise to them. It could have been more than 5-0."

"I've got to get to the bottom of why the players didn't perform with pride and why they've embarrassed themselves and the fans."

"This was totally, totally unacceptable and the fans should now we will definitely be doing something about this."

"It was a great performance from Rotherham. I take my hat off to them but my players will be in at 7am tomorrow."

"It was a poor performance from start to finish and I can't put my finger on it."

From twitter.

Blackburn lost 3-1 at home to Doncaster today so maybe we aren't as good as many think.

We also beat Sheffield United 3-0 at the start of last season who went on to win the league after being in the relegation zone for the first month of the season. Blackburn will be well up there come the end of the season. Results aren't the be all and end all this early into the season.

Glad I gave this one a miss, an embarrassing result coupled with what sounds like a **** poor performance. Certainly brings us back down to earth with a bang after last weeks win.

Be of good cheer, Yeovil won today and Luton lost. So it just shows that a week is a long time in football. Watch out, Plymouth Argyle!

I await an eye witness report, was this a worse collective display than Rochdale 4 nil shambles last season?

We tend to get a couple of maulings a season away from home (we had three 3-0+ defeats on the bounce away last season) so no need for an over reaction about the season itself. The game sounded terrible and that it could have been 6 or 7 without Oxley's saves. My real concern from what I have heard today and in previous games is that we seem to have a real weakness down our left side and with Coker out for such a long time, not quite sure how we rectify that.

[FONT=&quot]Oxley - 6 - Saved us from being a few more down... didn't really have much chance with the goals.

Demetriou - 5 - Not one of the worst today, but still pretty bad. Didn't offer anything either defensively or attacking-wise.
White - 6- Pick of the defence, but still wouldn't say it was a "good performance"... They cut through our defence like a knife through butter... all of the defenders had their part to play in that.
Ferdinand - 4 - Lots of mistakes today, two of which caused the goals - and just looked extremely slow and laboured... is he fit?!
Hendrie - 4 - How long is Coker out for? Haven't seen anything so far to give me any confidence... distribution was very poor.

McGlashan - 6 - Tried his best to get forward, before being hauled off to protect our 3 goal loss...
Leonard - 5 - Lost count of the misplaced passes from Lenny today.
Timlin - 5 - Doesn't seem to look where he's hitting the ball... don't think he found a blue shirt many times today.
Kightly - 4 - His cross in the first half summed it up... completely over-hit it, and that was the order of the day for Kightly... didn't create any worthwhile chances.

Cox - 3 - Doesn't look the same player so far this year... Fouled his man every single time where he was a yard off the pace, and some touches that would be embarrassing in Priory Park on a Sunday morning.
Fortune - 3 - Never looked like scoring or creating anything today. His body language was awful, and with a whole goal to aim at near the end, he managed to hit the post.

Subs:

Kiernan - 5 - Played out of position, looked better at centre back than he did on Tuesday night... still nowhere near match fitness though.
Robinson - 5 - Ran around, won a couple of headers that went straight up in the air before landing at a Rotherham player's feet each time. We will not score goals with Theo and Fortune up front.
McLaughlin - N/A - Didn't really notice him.

In summary... an embarrassing performance, with not an ounce of effort or passion. Rotherham were good going forward, but they were gifted chance after chance. Lost count of the amount of times they had the whole six yard box to themselves![/FONT]

What do we achieve by having players in at 7am?

It's a reaction. And there needs to be a reaction. The players cannot be fooled into thinking that today was acceptable. Can't see any of them wanting to follow up today's travesty with an early start tomorrow. They failed together. They'll face the music together. Then hopefully we can all move on together.

We tend to get a couple of maulings a season away from home (we had three 3-0+ defeats on the bounce away last season) so no need for an over reaction about the season itself. The game sounded terrible and that it could have been 6 or 7 without Oxley's saves. My real concern from what I have heard today and in previous games is that we seem to have a real weakness down our left side and with Coker out for such a long time, not quite sure how we rectify that.

It's not looking good down that side with Hendrie having a nightmare, and Timlin not much better. What's happened to Timlin? He used to be a great player. He doesn't seem to get out of first gear nowadays. Even Lenny had a go at him today, and Lenny never has a go at any team mates.

I'm in the car having just left the ground (passenger obviously). So I'm a little ****ed off so this might be a bit over the top.

We were absolutely ****ing *****! There was no pride or passion from any of the players that played today. Credit should not be taken away from Rotherham who looked like a class championship side. Proctor, Moore and Williams ripped us apart. They are a big side and caused us issues with their height and physical prowess. All of their goals were decent and well worked from poor defending. They pressed us from the word go and we were on the back foot. No matter how hard we tried in the second half we couldn't score MAF should've scored twice, the second time a complete sitter that hit the post.

Oxley - 6 - Not really at fault for the goals, his kicking is terrible. Made a couple of good saves which prevented it being more than 5.

Hendrie - 4 - Off the pace and Williams had his pants down for the whole of the first half.

Ferdinand - 3 - Is he injured? He looked like he couldn't run and when he was caught out White would have to sprint in and take over. Should've replaced him for Kiernan.

White - 5 - Was alright, he was lucky to not gift them a goal after a slip. Won a few headers and saved Ferdinand a couple of times.

Demi- 4 - Looked alright going forward distribution was ok, poor defensively.

McGlashan - 6 - Why oh why did Brown take him off, attacking wise he had been our biggest threat!

Timlin - 5 - Couple or tackles and a few decent passes but that's about it.

Leonard - 4 - Didn't do a lot really.

Kightly - 5 - Looked absolutely ****ed after about 20 minutes, probably the only one who really tried attacking wise after Glash came off. Rotherhams pressing play just shut him out of the game.

Cox - 4 - Did **** all, but when you don't have any service what do you expect.

MAF - 4 - If he was a little younger then he would've been perfect for the hoof ball ***** we played. Leaving a 34 year old man to chase the ball and beat the last man was never going to work.

Subs:
Kiernan - 4 - Doesn't look match fit and off the pace.

Robinson- 5 - great ball for MAF when he hit the post, think he should've just had a shot it might've gone in!

McLaughlin- 4 - Didn't really do a lot.

No MOM from me as they were all *****!

Ref - ****!

Fans - 10/10 didn't stop singing and made more noise than the library atmosphere created by the Rotherham fans.

Well I've had a **** day so I'm going to cry for the next couple of hours on my way home.

Back