Likes Likes:  95
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotherham 5 - 0 Southend United.

Blog Entries

Default Rotherham 5 - 0 Southend United.

Please be gentle, I've not been well.
    MAKE A DONATION TOWARDS THE RUNNING COSTS OF SHRIMPERZONE:

www.shrimperzone.com

How many asterisks do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by mcnasty View Post
    Please be gentle, I've not been well.
    Get yourself down to Tittyfanny park for a stroll.
    132 Football League Grounds - Macron Stadium (Bolton Wanderers) - 3 September 2016
    137 Grounds watching Southend - Macron Stadium (Bolton Wanderers) - 3 September 2016

Next new ground - ​in the lap of the footballing Gods..

Bloody embarrassing to lose a game 5-0 to anyone. Sounds like we were generally poor all over the pitch and were outplayed at every opportunity. I do hope we don't have to read pages and pages of 'Brown out'. The quicker we put this game behind us and focus on the next game the better.

The Blackburn game proved that we've got players in the squad who are more than capable at this level and we've still got Ranger to come back which will lift us. Let's not hit the panic button and start a witch hunt two games into the season.

Didn't go but it's not often that you breathe a sigh of relief that it's only a 5-0 defeat after what appears to have been a nightmare first half
    I realize that I am not a journalist. So anything I say is not important.
    Craig Ferguson

Coach

I just woke up from a nightmare, dreamt we lost 5-0? I think we will do better. COYBB

Quote Originally Posted by amsemp View Post
    The Blackburn game proved that we've got players in the squad who are more than capable at this level and we've still got Ranger to come back which will lift us. Let's not hit the panic button and start a witch hunt two games into the season.
    Blackburn lost 3-1 at home to Doncaster today so maybe we aren't as good as many think.

Brown says he's embarrassed and sorry. And the team are in training tomorrow.

Brown: "Apologies to the fans for the way we performed. Anything that could go wrong did go wrong today."

"I'm embarrassed. I feel for the fans and I apologise to them. It could have been more than 5-0."

"I've got to get to the bottom of why the players didn't perform with pride and why they've embarrassed themselves and the fans."

"This was totally, totally unacceptable and the fans should now we will definitely be doing something about this."

"It was a great performance from Rotherham. I take my hat off to them but my players will be in at 7am tomorrow."

"It was a poor performance from start to finish and I can't put my finger on it."

From twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by LBBlue View Post
    Blackburn lost 3-1 at home to Doncaster today so maybe we aren't as good as many think.
    We also beat Sheffield United 3-0 at the start of last season who went on to win the league after being in the relegation zone for the first month of the season. Blackburn will be well up there come the end of the season. Results aren't the be all and end all this early into the season.

Glad I gave this one a miss, an embarrassing result coupled with what sounds like a **** poor performance. Certainly brings us back down to earth with a bang after last weeks win.

Quote Originally Posted by LBBlue View Post
    Be of good cheer, Yeovil won today and Luton lost. So it just shows that a week is a long time in football. Watch out, Plymouth Argyle!

I await an eye witness report, was this a worse collective display than Rochdale 4 nil shambles last season?

What do we achieve by having players in at 7am?

'Tis the curse of Ranger's scam victim. Mark my words. First Coker, now this.
    The effects of Multiculturalism. My Grandparents would be so proud!

We tend to get a couple of maulings a season away from home (we had three 3-0+ defeats on the bounce away last season) so no need for an over reaction about the season itself. The game sounded terrible and that it could have been 6 or 7 without Oxley's saves. My real concern from what I have heard today and in previous games is that we seem to have a real weakness down our left side and with Coker out for such a long time, not quite sure how we rectify that.