• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A) Have you ever been called it?
B) If so, would it really offend you?

Yes a number of times
No because it by a friend of mine who is a Sikh. He has spent his life being called a **** (not by me) so its his humours way of reminding white folk the reality of racist language.

A) Have you ever been called it?
B) If so, would it really offend you?

This thread is really becoming very silly. Fortunately I've never been called 'Honky' though I have often been called 'Baldy':cry:.
If a non-white person ever does call me 'Honky' I think I would be entitled to challenge their language at the very least. I don't think the argument that white people have historically received less racial abuse makes it any more acceptable when it does occur. In fact I would say that the whole notion that some forms of racism (ie by white people to black) is far more serious than others (ie black people to white) undermines the whole argument against racism and even encourages it.

I was reminded of this thread last night. I took the kids to see our local team Hemel Town (National League South) and when we first sat down, were 'lucky' enough to be near a right loudmouth. Clearly drunk (and drinking), he was using swear words as punctuation rather than exclamation and screaming blue murder almost from the kick-off. A man in his 50s, he had quite a few acolytes around him who thought he was hilarious and he wasn't.

Now, I know that if you want your children to avoid swearing a football match isn't the best place to go but this guy was really tiresome so I said to my two that we should move.

Right on cue, while seemingly off for another pint, he took a massive tumble down three or four rows of the terrace, really quite hurting himself. It shut him up though :smile:

Off topic UL, is Charlie Sheringham the son of Teddy ? playing for Hemel

Yes - he started for them last night. Sheringham Senior comes to games reasonably often apparently.

The opposition - Hampton & Richmond Boro - had ex-Southender Harry Crawford on the bench but he didn't make an appearance.

Yes - he started for them last night. Sheringham Senior comes to games reasonably often apparently.

The opposition - Hampton & Richmond Boro - had ex-Southender Harry Crawford on the bench but he didn't make an appearance.
Tedious Sheringham was watching his son losing 1-0 at Concord Rangers this season.

Back