• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

John White apologies to Southend United fans after heavy defeat at Rotherham

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United defender John White has apologised to the Shrimpers travelling fans following their 5-0 defeat at Rotherham United on Saturday.

More...

It would have been good if Anton Ferdinand had offered the same apology as captain.

I'm not sure, and OBL will probably know, but JW may be Club captain. Regardless, I would have expected words from Anton.
Not as far as I know, think Anton covers both roles. I'm not sure who the official Vice-Captain is either.

To many players that are either to old and past there best. We have a back line of Turner, ferdinand, and Kearan, sorry if the spelling not right, all of these players are not fit to do 90 min. We are also unlucky to have Cocker out for most of the season, to say nothing of sicknote Wordsworth. Now, i no in the fullness of time these players at the back end of the season might come good. But once again we will be doing catch up.

White, my man of the match by a long shot against Blackburn. What shirt number has he been given this term? Should be first on the team sheet currently.

To many players that are either to old and past there best. We have a back line of Turner, ferdinand, and Kearan, sorry if the spelling not right, all of these players are not fit to do 90 min. We are also unlucky to have Cocker out for most of the season, to say nothing of sicknote Wordsworth. Now, i no in the fullness of time these players at the back end of the season might come good. But once again we will be doing catch up.

I know you apologised for the spelling and I am far from great at it myself , but surely this is a step too far !

White, although no longer the captain, still instinctively behaves like the captain. He's not the most talented player we've had or will have, but he's a man you'd want in the trenches along side you. It astonishes me that some fans have singled him out on these forums before. He's as honest as the day is long.

White, although no longer the captain, still instinctively behaves like the captain. He's not the most talented player we've had or will have, but he's a man you'd want in the trenches along side you. It astonishes me that some fans have singled him out on these forums before. He's as honest as the day is long.

Probably because he played for Colchester, a bit like Mooney played for Orient. Some are that ignorant.
Neither of those two are bad players - we've all watched far far worse.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by rlb999

Probably because he played for Colchester, a bit like Mooney played for Orient. Some are that ignorant.
Neither of those two are bad players - we've all watched far far worse.

Agreed SaM, I wouldn't actually care if JW was German and scored a penalty for them that knocked us out of the world cup!
He has IMO been by far our best (and looked one of our fittest) players since the campaign began on their return from Spain. Since then he has had more minutes on the pitch than anyone else for us and looked head and shoulders above most, never failing in his efforts. He was not up to his usual standard at Rotherham but still better than most and the best of our back four. Yes before you ask, I have seen all our games (except one) live.

JW is one of those unsung heroes....never flash just gets on with it,and rarely lets the team down.

I don't think it's because he played for Colchester. Coker played for Colchester and on the odd occasion he's not at the races he never takes the stick White does on here. Equally Will Atkinson never played for Colchester - he's another who, whatever his failings, could never be accused of not turning up. And there are people ready to lay into him just like there are people ready to lay into John White. In my time watching Blues I've had to watch umpteen players who quite frankly couldn't care less - and it's those for whom I reserve criticism.

Younger fans need to remember that since 2011 we've actually had it quite good in the great scheme of things. We've either been challenging at the upper end of the league or holding our own against allegedly bigger clubs. There's been no real threat of relegation and no prolonged period of poor performance. Whilst we've just had a crap day at Rotherham these are the good days - enjoy them.

Back