• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

John White apologies to Southend United fans after heavy defeat at Rotherham

I don't think it's because he played for Colchester. Coker played for Colchester and on the odd occasion he's not at the races he never takes the stick White does on here. Equally Will Atkinson never played for Colchester - he's another who, whatever his failings, could never be accused of not turning up. And there are people ready to lay into him just like there are people ready to lay into John White. In my time watching Blues I've had to watch umpteen players who quite frankly couldn't care less - and it's those for whom I reserve criticism.

Younger fans need to remember that since 2011 we've actually had it quite good in the great scheme of things. We've either been challenging at the upper end of the league or holding our own against allegedly bigger clubs. There's been no real threat of relegation and no prolonged period of poor performance. Whilst we've just had a crap day at Rotherham these are the good days - enjoy them.

As much as I am hoping, even expecting, us to challenge for the top six this season, I do wonder how many fans realise or have forgotten just how many seasons there have been when to finish in the top half of league one seemed a dream. I started following Southend in 1970 and between 1960 and 1990 we only troubled the top ten finishing positions of the third tier twice.

Back