• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues boss Brown: We will never play like that again

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown has vowed his side will never repeat the poor level of performance they produced at Rotherham United.

More...

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown has vowed his side will never repeat the poor level of performance they produced at Rotherham United.

More...
I was hoping the performance on Tuesday would never be repeated, let alone Saturday which people at both matches say was far worse.

PB had to say this, and I hope he and the players do understand what why we were so bad and how we are going to fix it------- but I do hope he hasn't given a rope to be hung from

I'm glad to hear that training has been "outstanding" which suggests that the atmosphere within the team is all right. We do need to flatten Plymouth Argyle though - and that won't be easy.

Unfortunately Brown has a habit of saying one thing and exactly the opposite happens ............

I woke up Sunday morning log into shrimperzone ,saw the result and was speechless , the rest of Sunday was just as flat to me ,i couldnt believe that scoreline , hopefully i dont get to feel that way again.Tuesday against Newport really didnt worry me but against Rottingham i expected a bounce back and at least a draw.

Perhaps he is now resigned to the fact that he's gone as far as he can? If Plymouth were to put 5 past us on Saturday, surely he would have not choice but to hand in his resignation?

TBH I'm sitting on the fence, after the first 5-6 games last season I was absolutely convinced that Brown should go, I believe that I was proved wrong.

However, one thing that does carry over for me is the growing opinion that Brown is tactically poor, we could not beat (or draw with) average sides at the end of last season and against an average but physical side last Tuesday we could only come up with punting up long balls of which Newport dealt with easily.

Brown out, Brown out! Well we all know I am not his number one fan but in all honesty the Brown out call, two league games in, is a tad premature. See where we are after ten matches. We may go on another run of which we are apt to do. PB has assembled this squad and he should get the chance to prove his team is up to scratch.

I'm not Phil Brown's biggest fan, still think he's a lucky manager, but a bit early to be calling for him to go. Lets see how things are in 6 weeks, end of Sep. Also let see Ron give him a few £££'s to spend, its obvious we need to strengthen in several areas.

I'm not Phil Brown's biggest fan, still think he's a lucky manager, but a bit early to be calling for him to go. Lets see how things are in 6 weeks, end of Sep. Also let see Ron give him a few £££'s to spend, its obvious we need to strengthen in several areas.

It's amazing how lucky he is when he wins yet how tactically inept he is when we fail. I'd invest in more signs at Roots Hall personally - it's unforgivable how often he has "lost the dressing room" only to find it again soon after.

I woke up Sunday morning log into shrimperzone ,saw the result and was speechless , the rest of Sunday was just as flat to me ,i couldnt believe that scoreline , hopefully i dont get to feel that way again.Tuesday against Newport really didnt worry me but against Rottingham i expected a bounce back and at least a draw.

Try sitting in the stand and getting mocked by the home fans followed by a 3 hour drive home. I won't be there Saturday as I have a wedding . There will need to be a drastic improvement to avoid defeat.

Believe me watching the Rotherham game and listening in live to the Newport one was even worse.:cry:

Try sitting in the stand and getting mocked by the home fans followed by a 3 hour drive home. I won't be there Saturday as I have a wedding . There will need to be a drastic improvement to avoid defeat.

how about if we play like we did against Blackburn, will that suffice ?

If you look at the stats of all 3 games we were not out played it's what we do with the possession and our chances that we have not capitalised on.

If you look at the stats of all 3 games we were not out played it's what we do with the possession and our chances that we have not capitalised on.

Nonsense. The whole subject of this thread is that PB is promising we will never play as badly again while he manager. Of course we were outplayed..five bloody nil.
Stats? Laughable. The stat you need is 0-5.
PB will get it right!

Back