• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chris Phillips reckons Phil was going to watch Plymouth v Chelsea U23 tonight - they only made 9 changes so I expect that he didn't learn a lot !!!!!

Chris Phillips reckons Phil was going to watch Plymouth v Chelsea U23 tonight - they only made 9 changes so I expect that he didn't learn a lot !!!!!

And they still beat Chelsea U-21s despite being 0-2 down after 88 minutes.............

Hopefully, their game last night against the Chelski Yoot, has taken it out of them, so they won't pepper our goal on Saturday afternoon.

I'm guessing a close 2-1 win at the fortress "Roots Hall"...although, I'd be happy with a draw right now, after the Rotherham game.

UTB

:happy:

Hopefully, their game last night against the Chelski Yoot, has taken it out of them, so they won't pepper our goal on Saturday afternoon.

I'm guessing a close 2-1 win at the fortress "Roots Hall"...although, I'd be happy with a draw right now, after the Rotherham game.

UTB

:happy:

I hear what you're saying, but I wouldn't be happy with a draw. I want to see a proper reaction to the shambles in Rotherham. I still believe our team is good enough to do something in this division. If it is, we need to win our home games.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Kiernan and White play with either of the full backs being dropped to be replaced by the latter on Saturday. I also still think that McGlashan is always better coming off the bench against tiring legs ......however as its still early doors I'd be inclined to name same starting XI and told them to put right a wrong.

We need a Duracell Bunny in midfield to make up for the loss of Atkinson's running. Two wingers leaves us a bit light defensively. Put Kightly on the right after all he is number 7, Yearwood in the middle and Timlin out side him to support Hendrie.

what happened to the central midfield player we was in advanced talks with it showed on Saturday somebody in will Atkinson mould

After the shocker at Rotherham, it's important that we don't panic. Team for me on Saturday against Plymouth would be....

OXLEY

DEMETRIOU KIERNAN FERDINAND HENDRIE

MCGLASHAN LEONARD YEARWOOD KIGHTLY

COX FORTUNE

After the shocker at Rotherham, it's important that we don't panic. Team for me on Saturday against Plymouth would be....

OXLEY

DEMETRIOU KIERNAN FERDINAND HENDRIE

MCGLASHAN LEONARD YEARWOOD KIGHTLY

COX FORTUNE

Against Blackburn and Newport John White was probably one of the most consistent defenders in the back 4. So why the chop?

Out of interest, would anyone drop Ferdinand? I personally think he should and start White and Kiernan as centre backs instead. Ferdinand didn't look fit and it would definitely send out a message that no one is undroppable. Couple of these lads probably feel they're assured starters and it might be a rocket up there for a few of them.

Obvisouly depends on the fitness or Kiernan though.

Out of interest, would anyone drop Ferdinand? I personally think he should and start White and Kiernan as centre backs instead. Ferdinand didn't look fit and it would definitely send out a message that no one is undroppable. Couple of these lads probably feel they're assured starters and it might be a rocket up there for a few of them.

Why not, does not look fit to me,may need a rest on those battle worn hamstrings.

Tough call on Ferdinand, but you may be right. The fact that Brown subbed him on Saturday may mean he agrees or he may have had a sniff of an injured hamstring. Kiernan is still a few games off form and confidence for me. True, I only have Newport as evidence, but he really didn't look as if he was fully up for it. I do wonder how much damage has been done staying too long with Rangers in a hostile environment. All that said, he has to get his feet well and truly wet at some point so maybe Saturday is the time.

Against Blackburn and Newport John White was probably one of the most consistent defenders in the back 4. So why the chop?

JW did do well against Blackburn and Newport to a point, but he got found out against Rotherham. I'd go for Kiernan based on the fact that he's a natural central defender.

Saturday showed just how much we miss Atkinson. You simply can't play a winger in front of Demetriou and expect to be solid defensively. Certainly not on both sides - two out-and-out wingers won't work unless we have a John White type playing LB and RB. Demetriou is great going forward and would very much suit a right midfield role - at least there would be someone behind to cover him, he's just not up to standard defensively (and Hendrie has been ropey too in the past two games). Until Brown realises we need to play one winger and an "Atkinson type" on the other flank I fear we're going to get ripped apart more regularly than just last Saturday....:unsure:

Back