• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't expect to many changes if any for tomorrow. Anton has been training so will start alongside White I guess. Doubt Ranger will even get a slot on the bench as it would look a little desperate to me.

Now for some good news...You will be pleased to know Ben Coker is moving around on his broken leg with out a pot etc. He is walking on it, within reason and able to do exercises out doors.

Normally am so excited about going to matches but admit to being concerned about how we react. Last two games have shown how weak our squad is and personally I am struggling to get my head around the amount of wages ties up with Ferdinand and Turner - both good players but both are on the slide and wonder how many games Turner will even play for us. Can't help feeling the wages could have been better spent.

However will be there on Saturday giving my full support and come home with a sore throat and hopefully a smile.

Always excited to watch Southend, just as I have been for every home game for as long as I can remember. My daughter is also coming tomorrow as well, so that makes me happy as well.

UTB's

I expect the same team from Mr Brown, although he might want to put Dru in the midfield instead of Glash; sacrificing some width for more build up/ball retention and working with the backs.
Hendrie needs to be thinking more and I wonder if he could be trying too hard?
Anton has had a couple of poor games and I doubt he will be happy with that.
Tomorrow is only the third league game of a long season and the doom and gloom merchants need to get behind the team - some of the stuff directed at Theo and Hendrie is IMO really NOT acceptable, helpful, constructive, supportive, fair, balanced AND has no place among true supporters in game time- save it for the pub if they must.

I expect the same team from Mr Brown, although he might want to put Dru in the midfield instead of Glash; sacrificing some width for more build up/ball retention and working with the backs.
Hendrie needs to be thinking more and I wonder if he could be trying too hard?
Anton has had a couple of poor games and I doubt he will be happy with that.
Tomorrow is only the third league game of a long season and the doom and gloom merchants need to get behind the team - some of the stuff directed at Theo and Hendrie is IMO really NOT acceptable, helpful, constructive, supportive, fair, balanced AND has no place among true supporters in game time- save it for the pub if they must.

Couldn't agree more. 2 league games in after the best 45 minutes I've seen a Southend side play for years.

Let's see where we are after at least 10 games & I can see 3 points after another 2-1 win on Saturday.

6700 home tickets sold is hardly slow?? I'd say there will be 7300-7500 home supporters tomorrow and that's decent

Would not surprise me if Plymouth brought around 1500 odd. They have a large London fanbase and took 1300 to Peterborough.

As for the game. It isn't a mist win but the players need a big performance. The fans needs to get behind them from the beginning to the end. Really encourage them and get them fired right up. This isn't a bad side but until we get all of our players fit it's a makeshift side with brittle confidence.

Plymouth aren't worldbeaters. They are on a high following promotion and rightly so.

This side are more than capable of playing their way up the table.

I haven't the foggiest what you're talking about

My heart say`s 2-1 , but my head say`s 0-3 !! :sad:
No way 3 0 lose, this will be close, in my opinion, say 1 O win, but once again at the start of the season, w have to many players who are just not fit to play 90 min.

Really wish I could share your confidence , my head say`s 3 competitive games to date = 2 for and 8 against , not feeling very excited about PA tomorrow.
No way 3 0 lose, this will be close, in my opinion, say 1 O win, but once again at the start of the season, w have to many players who are just not fit to play 90 min.

Not enough quality in this side, I think we'll go 2-0 in the first half and they'll lock us out in the 2nd.... 2-0

The counter is on 6,807, I think that's a cracking showing after the last two performances. I'm hoping for a good, positive atmosphere.

Rather surprised to see 70 odd tickets still left empty in the east stand as they normally sold out by now, still on for 8,000 fans for today's game which will be good:thumbsup:

I think he's likely to keep things the same and give them opportunity to redeem themselves. I'm not against that as I don't agree with panic-driven chopping and changing. Ferdinand a worry but if he's been training all week then he must be ok to play. Only worry for me is Hendrie. As I said, give the chance of redemption but if he IS to make a change I'd take out Hendrie, move White to LB and put Kiernan next to Ferdinand.

I'd be telling Cox to STAY UP FRONT. He keeps dropping really far back, almost to the point where he's another midfielder. It leaves Fortune isolated up front and Coxy isn't gonna replicate his goal scoring or assisting form of last season if he's stuck in central midfield every time the ball goes forward. I know it's frustrating if you're not getting the ball as a striker but he needs to resist the urge to go wandering to look for it.

I'd also be telling them to KEEP THE BALL ON THE DECK. With them having two 6'4 strikers and a 6'3 and 6'5 CB, put the ball in the air at our peril. If we have to be patient then we have to be patient but for God's sake sacrifice the quick transition from front to back so that we don't get sucked into playing them at their game of putting the ball in the air. Because we will play right into their hands. Keep the ball on the deck and play quick tempo passing football and I don't think they'll be able to live with us.

I'd have a bench of Smith, Kiernan/Hendrie, Matsuzaka, Yearwood, McLaughlin, Robinson and Ba. And I'd like Brown to have the mindset that if it's not working after 55 mins, he makes a positive change or 2.

So important today to get behind the team and get the confidence back after last week.During the 90 mins no moaning just 100% vocal encouragement everyone. Remember no player wants to play badly

Back