• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I agree with others that playing two wingers seems to be exposing Demi and (more alarmingly) Hendrie. I'd possibly have JW at right back, Timlin on the left of midfield to help Hendrie and Kightley on the right.

I agree with others that playing two wingers seems to be exposing Demi and (more alarmingly) Hendrie. I'd possibly have JW at right back, Timlin on the left of midfield to help Hendrie and Kightley on the right.

It's a shame we're useless at playing anything other than 4-4-2 as 3-5-2 would seem the obvious answer with Hendrie and Demi as wing backs.

I actually thought Kightly got his fair share of defensive work in against Blackburn. If we persevere with two wingers, I'd prefer Kights back on the right to help Demi, with McG or McL on the left.

I thought that Hendrie and Kightly worked excellently together against Blackburn, especially in the first half. Both showed they could provide a really quality ball into the box, something we lacked last season and I was impressed with their understanding for the first game of the season.

Hendrie was outstanding during his loan spell. There's a VERY good player in there and I think PB should stick with him for the time being and help him get his confidence back.

Plymouth have quite a substantial London-based section of the Green Army which usually boosts their away turnout for southern fixtures.

Six of whom I'll be meeting up with pre-match! They always bring a good contingent down and as you say, having a lot of London-based fans helps.

just under 8,000 for this game, can't wait:thumbsup:

I said 8,000 ish earlier but seeing how well the tickets are selling, I wouldn't be surprised if it's more around 8,500 plus (maybe nearing 9k).

The pilgrims always travel well, I wouldn't be surprised if they do bring 1,000.

6'500 sold so far for home end! By tomorrow it's should 7k sold, plus extra 1k pay on the day plus 1k away fans.

I floated out of Roots Hall after the Blackburn game. It's incredible how things can change in a week. After the last two performances am dreading saturday!

I floated out of Roots Hall after the Blackburn game. It's incredible how things can change in a week. After the last two performances am dreading saturday!

Agreed !

We left the Hall buzzing after that outstanding performance....brilliant fun....not seen the last 2 games but by all accounts we were cack.

Funny old game.

Not sure about dread. More a sort of nervous anticipation. We never know what we'll get!

I realise its early in the season , but i think this could be one of the biggest games we play this season,in fact it might just define our season either as promotion cnadidates or relegation fodder. Players need to get their confidence back after the last two performances and i hope they do, not going to predict a result just hope i can wake up Sunday morning to some good news.Best of luck lads go out and truly believe in yourselves,play as you know you can .:happy:

Would not surprise me if Plymouth brought around 1500 odd. They have a large London fanbase and took 1300 to Peterborough.

As for the game. It isn't a mist win but the players need a big performance. The fans needs to get behind them from the beginning to the end. Really encourage them and get them fired right up. This isn't a bad side but until we get all of our players fit it's a makeshift side with brittle confidence.

Plymouth aren't worldbeaters. They are on a high following promotion and rightly so.

This side are more than capable of playing their way up the table.

Would not surprise me if Plymouth brought around 1500 odd. They have a large London fanbase and took 1300 to Peterborough.

As for the game. It isn't a mist win but the players need a big performance. The fans needs to get behind them from the beginning to the end. Really encourage them and get them fired right up. This isn't a bad side but until we get all of our players fit it's a makeshift side with brittle confidence.

Plymouth aren't worldbeaters. They are on a high following promotion and rightly so.

This side are more than capable of playing their way up the table.

The sad truth is that if Ferdinand is selected and, for whatever reason, plays in the same manner that he did last week we are very likely to concede a number of goals.

Normally am so excited about going to matches but admit to being concerned about how we react. Last two games have shown how weak our squad is and personally I am struggling to get my head around the amount of wages ties up with Ferdinand and Turner - both good players but both are on the slide and wonder how many games Turner will even play for us. Can't help feeling the wages could have been better spent.

However will be there on Saturday giving my full support and come home with a sore throat and hopefully a smile.

Normally am so excited about going to matches but admit to being concerned about how we react. Last two games have shown how weak our squad is and personally I am struggling to get my head around the amount of wages ties up with Ferdinand and Turner - both good players but both are on the slide and wonder how many games Turner will even play for us. Can't help feeling the wages could have been better spent.

However will be there on Saturday giving my full support and come home with a sore throat and hopefully a smile.

Ferdy has another 2 years remaining whilst the signing of the scarlet pimpernel Turner beggars belief !.....been saying this for ages why do we hand out contracts to old injury prone blokes.

Ferdy IMO looked at times shot against Rovers,maybe back injury?,yet he is contracted to play another 90 games,cannot see him getting anywhere near that number,signing Turner is another of those mystery signings.

He obviously looked uncomfortable at Rotherham.Have you heard anything?

Not heard anything but it was certainly a bizarre performance from Ferdinand.

My immediate post match reaction was that he didn't give a ****.

If selected, I guess we will find out tomorrow as they have 2 very big forwards.

Perhaps he is injured. If so it would be sensible to replace him with Kiernan.

Not heard anything but it was certainly a bizarre performance from Ferdinand.

My immediate post match reaction was that he didn't give a ****.

If selected, I guess we will find out tomorrow as they have 2 very big forwards.

Perhaps he is injured. If so it would be sensible to replace him with Kiernan.

Oh maybe his head was slightly off for one day. His mum did pass away a few weeks ago afterall!

Not one person has mentioned this as a reason. Fans just seem to assume that footballers are robots and just get on with the job in hand and nothing else matters. Anton may say he is fine to play, but you can't control what your subconscious is doing. It can really affect what you do and how you do it.

I'm not saying it's definitely the reason but it could be.

Oh maybe his head was slightly off for one day. His mum did pass away a few weeks ago afterall!

Not one person has mentioned this as a reason. Fans just seem to assume that footballers are robots and just get on with the job in hand and nothing else matters. Anton may say he is fine to play, but you can't control what your subconscious is doing. It can really affect what you do and how you do it.

I'm not saying it's definitely the reason but it could be.

It's unfair to jump on him for one poor performance. As you say the reason could be anything. He could simply have had a stinker, one of those games where nothing goes right. He's not immune and if it happens to a centre half it is noticeable to say the least.

Let's not go writing him off just yet, everyone would agree he was a tremendous player for us last year. I also think he needs to get more help from his full backs - that area, not Ferdinand, is my main worry.

Back