• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown boosted by Ranger's fitness

If Ranger is on the bench, which I don't believe for a moment he will be, then it will be symbolic only. To offer a player a FL1match outing so soon after returning to the club would be madness.

If Ranger is on the bench, which I don't believe for a moment he will be, then it will be symbolic only. To offer a player a FL1match outing so soon after returning to the club would be madness.

It may only be symbolic but it could well send a message to those that played on saturday, don't forget Nile was the catalyst for the great run we went on last season so him being involved would be quite something

Some might say to put that same motley bunch out again on saturday after the debacle in Yorkshire would be madness also..

Some might say to put that same motley bunch out again on saturday after the debacle in Yorkshire would be madness also..

It's not the same thing though is it? Ranger just can't be anywhere near fit after his short stay with HMP. Why would a professional club even contemplate giving game time in FL1 without any other warm up games. Madness to field the same team? maybe, but I bet it happens unless Anton is crocked.

That may have needed a ruling because I did say Ranger was due to be released on the 24th, which you disputed but proved to be true.

Still doesn't matter you never had the minerals anyway :whistling:

No, I actually agreed with you having heard it from a separate source to you.

We could stick a tenner on that. If you have the minerals, of course..... ;)

I agree with this. If you've just come out of prison, you've had no pre-season and very little training, but you're still good enough for the bench it says something about how dreadful the last two games were.

If that happens, and I was Robinson. I'd be sweating.

Because it was proven last season that when Ranger (or most other players for that matter) is not fully fit he is prone to niggling injuries which will likely have us waiting even longer for him to play a part in our season.

Rushing players back rarely, if ever, works.

"he hasn't had a drink for three months". what does that tell you?
stick him on the bench on Saturday - he'll get by on adrenaline alone. It's the next few weeks that will be the issue.

No, I actually agreed with you having heard it from a separate source to you.

We could stick a tenner on that. If you have the minerals, of course..... ;)

No you did not agree with me so I'll take the standard £10 bet and the same with Tangled as he liked your post. In fact I'll give you 2/1 if you don't conveniently remove this post.

Why will it be madness? Explain

Assuming it's my last post you're referring to, it would be madness because he hasn't played any organised competitive football for months. He cannot possibly be fit enough for any time on the pitch but if, by some chance, he did get some minutes playing time, he would run a high risk of injury. I see that scenario as madness, maybe you don't.

His boat race is back on the First team squad page - and he's no. 50!!

Can't see his back before the Gills EFL trophy game though...

Has not had a drink... I saw that too..... the way he played last season was like he was half cut most of the time...he is a worry.

God, I could even be on the bench and run around for 10-15 minutes if I had to, and I haven't played for about 10 years. I would more than likely be crap, but then that would purely just be because I am crap, no other reason.

If we need a goal to rescue a point and we are pushing forward, what would be the harm in sticking him on after 80 minutes?

Back