• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Developing young players

There's been a lot of discussion about our young players and the need to send them out on loan.

I thought of this coz my mate's cousin in law made his debut for Spurs on the weekend
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rs-tottenham-pochettino-spurs-debut-newcastle
Walker-Peters has never played on loan for anyone. That game against Newcastle was his first professional club game.

Maybe loaning players out isn't necessarily the way to go.

Just a thought, but interesting

Look at the class of 92.

Scholes, Giggs, Butt and the Neville's weren't loan out before being drafted into the first team.

Managers are too scared to just chuck them in at the deep end. On so many occasions it has worked, look at Rashford that worked out well!

Walker-Peters only has an injured Trippier as competition for his place, it makes sense to not send him on loan because there's a real chance he'll get on the pitch. If you have a kid that's 5th or 6th choice though is there really any point in not sending him on loan if a decent club is offering him first team football?

Walker-Peters only has an injured Trippier as competition for his place, it makes sense to not send him on loan because there's a real chance he'll get on the pitch. If you have a kid that's 5th or 6th choice though is there really any point in not sending him on loan if a decent club is offering him first team football?

this season sure, but I mean in previous years.
To be fair, Harry Kane went on many loans, often stunk the place out by his own admission, but developed massively.

Maybe the point here is that there is no one simple way of doing things

I feel most of our U23 should go out on loan to non league clubs like of Orients & Woking etc plus Conference South & Ryman Premier League too.

There's some many promising footballers to come through this year it'll be hard to give them all a chance. Bexon and Walker are lucky they're away from what is a rather congested pathway right now, more loans would be great but there should be minutes for them here [in an ideal world]

There seems to be a lot more Essex clubs in the Conference South, more than I can ever remember. I'd be working hard to make an affiliation with Braintree, Chelmsford, Concord or East Thurrock because both parties will benefit.

whilst on the subject of developing young players ,looking at the Youth internationals just been played recently ,its obvious England have some very good young players, but will they be allowed to develope to their full potential,will clubs give them game time in order to develope or will they stagnate warming a bench.Also will the weight of expectation from media and fans be too much for them.Most Premier league clubs too busy getting foreign players and wanting instant success instead of thinking to the future, managers afraid to give them game time as it eventually could cost them their job.Also man management comes into it and these youngsters should be taught that the life of a footballer is short and they should concentrate on their career before night clubbing etc and not get too big headed when they read good press about themselves.Personally theirs nothing more i would like than a truly successful English team with many of these youngsters reaching their potential.

Best you play them then, the first team isn't exactly setting the league on fire, is it.

Well, that's a different matter entirely. Considering he spent all that time at Crewe, Davis hasn't got the first idea when it comes to utilising the kids. Or anyone else for that matter. Long ball to Mooney, anyone?

Back