• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My opinion is based on very little. I read about the signings of Ba and Yearwood - same as you.
They both feautured in a poor team display against Newport County. They then played in a development game at Stevenage ..in which we were again tonked.
Neither of those two games mean either player will not make it - which i hope both do.
However it does not send out a single signal that they are current ready for the first team - as previously hyped.
I

Ahhh you went to Stevenage today then???

Nope. What I have seen of Ba and Yearwood though leads me to believe that they can do a job in the first team. Ba as an impact sub and I do think that Yearwood can slot in the middle with the right players around him

My opinion is based on very little. I read about the signings of Ba and Yearwood - same as you.
They both feautured in a poor team display against Newport County. They then played in a development game at Stevenage ..in which we were again tonked.
Neither of those two games mean either player will not make it - which i hope both do.
However it does not send out a single signal that they are current ready for the first team - as previously hyped.
I

So on that premise, those players that lost to Newport shouldn't be in the first team as not good enough?

Nope. What I have seen of Ba and Yearwood though leads me to believe that they can do a job in the first team. Ba as an impact sub and I do think that Yearwood can slot in the middle with the right players around him

that would suggest you think he's good enough that you'd make other changes to the team to accommodate him if needed. thats some special player...

that would suggest you think he's good enough that you'd make other changes to the team to accommodate him if needed. thats some special player...

Well the 11 that played against Rotherham didn't cover themselves with glory and I see no reason not to swap Timlin for Yearwood. That said, if all players are fit, I wouldn't start with Yearwood. Lennie and Wordy for me with Kites and Maccyds wide

It's the foreign ones you have to watch out for now with ifollow... They could end up watching more live games than the vast majority of local fans now...

Yes be warned. :smile:
Us exiles now have a valid voice now that we can see most of what is going on the pitch... Even from afar.
Least said about Saturday's performance the better :thumbdown:

I think, even for Southend fans, 2 games is a bit premature to write off two up and coming young players!

I think these are seen as very much ones for the future.

On a similar note, I was staggered to see some of the comments about Ted Smith on Twitter. It seems so many are prolific at dishing out abuse, and yet so few willing to give praise or even time. its only 15th August for god's sake!

Talking about ifollow,currently watching Fulham's away game at Leeds (o-o at Ht).Commentary is easy to cue up and sycn,unlike BBC Essex Radio's.

Btw it's only costing me a fiver.:thumbsup:

42 quid for any Fulham fan there in the away end.

I believe our Government have included I follow in the Brexit negotiations and are thinking of banning it , as it provides to much of a trade advantage to J. Foreigner ( Telegraph quote ):winking:

I believe our Government have included I follow in the Brexit negotiations and are thinking of banning it , as it provides to much of a trade advantage to J. Foreigner ( Telegraph quote ):winking:

Who ever came up with this ifollow thing is going to make a killing.... Who actually films the games though? The club? ifollow? Or contracted out?

I'd love to see a clip on here of the quality of the product, if anyone can post...

So far there is absolutely zero indication or even hint that Ba or Yearwood are ready to perform well in the first team. The management seem confident they can both develop into good players and I trust our management.

According to the Echo today, Yearwood has more than half a chance of starting against Plymouth on Saturday and people at the game were eulogising at Yearwoods performance against Stevenage. So a bit more than zero indication or a hint that Yearwood is ready for the first team after all then.

We did sack Neville Chamberlain after just one season in charge

Not as bad a Churchill, gave us 5 years of winning, when backs against the wall,then not voted in , that's the problem when you bring foreigners into your team work :winking:

UTS

Not as bad a Churchill, gave us 5 years of winning, when backs against the wall,then not voted in , that's the problem when you bring foreigners into your team work :winking:

UTS

Yet he still gets slagged by some home fans, especially if they weren't born at the time.

He never had the budget or the depth of squad to play the style some people demanded. If he hadn't of bombed forward deep into German territory then we would be in Bundesliga 4th tier obscurity.

Back