• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

QUIZ: Which classic western movie star are you?

Randolf scott here....can't say I know a lot about him or his films.

I came out as Randolph Scott too. Like you I didn't know a lot about him so I googled a bit. Seems he was a big mate of Cary Grant.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000068/bio

Sam Peckinpah's first film Two Rode Together (Ride the High Country), which was both Randolph Scott's and Joel Mccrea's last film, is one of the finest westerns you'll ever see.It contains Randolph Scott's memorable line:-"All I want is to enter my house justified."

It's a western pastiche, so sure.

Magnificent Seven all the way.

Great film but I can think of at least half a dozen Westerns which are better.

Btw,I came out as John Wayne in the quiz.

"John Wayne
You are an experienced and industrious man that works hard, rides harder, and is better with cold steel than any man you’ve ever faced! You have a tendency to be stubborn at times, but your hardworking ‘can’t stop me’ mentality always finds a way for you to win in the end. On occasion, the combination of whiskey and lack of sleep can get you into trouble, but your six-shooter and brutal determination always get you through it.ª

Two Rode Together was James Stewart and Richard Widmark. The alternative title to Ride The High Country is Guns in the Afternoon. The lines you quote were in fact spoken by Scott's co-star Joel McCrea. Wonderful film, but then so are Scott's other late fifties westerns, directed by Budd Boetticher, such as Comanche Station, The Tall T and Buchanan Rides Alone.

Two Rode Together was James Stewart and Richard Widmark. The alternative title to Ride The High Country is Guns in the Afternoon. The lines you quote were in fact spoken by Scott's co-star Joel McCrea. Wonderful film, but then so are Scott's other late fifties westerns, directed by Budd Boetticher, such as Comanche Station, The Tall T and Buchanan Rides Alone.

Yes you're quite right about Guns in the afternoon, (which I have a DVD copy of).Put that title down originally before changing it.Make you right about Two Rode Together too.My father was a huge Westerns fan and had a 16 mill.projector so saw these films (and many others) back in the early 60's.

Yes you're quite right about Guns in the afternoon, (which I have a DVD copy of).Put that title down originally before changing it.Make you right about Two Rode Together too.My father was a huge Westerns fan and had a 16 mill.projector so saw these films (and many others) back in the early 60's.

I've got a DVD copy of Blazing Saddles and a Roy Rogers sheriff's badge from my childhood. Does that count at all?

I think I might just look at the 3 way and ending of GBU now while sipping a San Miguel and wondering what to do with the weather set fair and 28-33 degree for the weekend. 28 degrees at 2am is fun, more so when drunk!

Back