• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues boss Brown: Dru is edging closer to start

I think it's unfair to judge Yearwood when none of his senior peers performed, with the exception of White. It's okay to say he wasn't pulling up trees, but if he was, the nine players around him just wouldn't have been on that wavelength. A 17-year-old making his debut is going to make some mistakes and it's upto his teammates to rally around him and give him support.

If he started the Blackburn game instead I have no doubt in saying he would've had a better debut. He would've been less exposed and be in a position to be more expressive.

Last edited:
You dont just change players because you have to make changes.

What justification would be playing the "2nd team" that lost to Newport? 1st team got hammered so lets play the players who couldn't beat a league two team 4 days prior.

Any changes to the team have to improve it, not be done out of "principle". Sticking a weaker team out that gets beaten again doesn't help anyone.

What changes he should make I have no idea as they were all useless, I'm not sure Yearwood is one that will make the team better right now, but if he keeps others on their toes thats something on its own.

Absolutely agree Jammy, changes should be made on merit, not principle.
The only thing on principle is to win

I'm certainly not suggesting making big changes - and changes on merit absolutely.

I would play Dru saturday based on his pre-season performances coupled with the 11 that played last week.

It is probably the only change I would make unless Kiernan is ready to start

I would be extremely ****ed off if come Saturday the team is unchanged!

He still doesn't have a lot of room for manoeuvre to be fair to him. There's no game changers on the bench. We desperately need Woody and Ranger fit ASAP

Back