• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zavon Hines

Pigott and Hines will start I'm sure. Loza's out for 4 months needing surgery on an ankle injury. Yesterday Hines came on as sub in the second half when Maidstone were losing 1-0 at Sutton who were top of the table and it seems he turned the game around. First he "hit a lovely back spinning corner into the box which Magnus Okuonghae headed into the net." Then "Hines was involved as he moved the ball across the edge of the box to Pigott. Pigott then touched it on into the path of Paxman and he hit a terrific rising shot which flew past the stranded Butler in the Sutton goal." Then "from a tight angle Pigott sent a delightful chip over Butler to seal an excellent afternoon for the Stones." That's all from a match report as I of course was perched on the scaffolding in the sun at Priestfield. I can't remember the last time I saw a Southend player take a lovely back spinning corner.

Scored again for the Stone tonight against Eastleigh. That's 5 goals between him and Pigott in the first 10 games of the season.

Four ex-shrimpers if that Paxman is Jack Paxman. He was offered a contract of sorts I believe, but he turned it down.

Also likes to collect yellow cards, he's picked up 5 already this season, which led him to being banned from last weekends match against Barrow.

Back