• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Life is the Name of the Game

I'm glad you did this, all the other comments are on the "Deadpool" thread, and sometimes, people do deserve their own. I think this is one of those times.

Generation Game with Bruce and "Give us a twirl" Anthea, was absolutely iconic British 70s TV. Compulsory viewing for every man and his dog on a Saturday night. Wasn't so keen on "Play your cards right" but he definitely won everyone back over with "Strictly". Am sure the Two Ronnies and Bob Monkhouse were waiting with open arms to welcome him to the great stage in the sky.

A top top man, I have never read or heard anything negative about him. RIP LEGEND:sad:

I'm glad you did this, all the other comments are on the "Deadpool" thread, and sometimes, people do deserve their own. I think this is one of those times.

Generation Game with Bruce and "Give us a twirl" Anthea, was absolutely iconic British 70s TV
. Compulsory viewing for every man and his dog on a Saturday night. Wasn't so keen on "Play your cards right" but he definitely won everyone back over with "Strictly". Am sure the Two Ronnies and Bob Monkhouse were waiting with open arms to welcome him to the great stage in the sky.

I'll tell you one thing.The "Anetha" that OBL mentions was the wife of Fulham's 70's star Jimmy Dunne.She was a former Torquay beauty queen who BF met and convinced to ditch JD and marry him instead.

Last edited:
So glad the legend has a thread of his own. Strictly wasn't my thing but Most of the rest of it was. What an incredible talent from the days where variety truly meant variety. I met him and his beautiful wife (sheer radiance in her early 50s at the time) at a charity ball at Natural History Museum. He mixed with the masses after dinner and speeches and I was nothing but impressed with how approachable he was.

I'm going to look out for the tribute shows on YouTube. Preferably any where Jimmy Carbuncle is dubbed over.

Higher than a 3 you say? A 3. You get nothing for a pair. Not in this game!

Thanks Brucie

I knew 3 separate people who done various works on his homes and all said what a down to earth nice bloke he was,i loved his shows apart from strictly,i'm going to miss him RIP Bruce, you was a blast.:Worthy:

a couple of years ago I was at an Iron Maiden gig and Bruce Dickinson announced that Sir Bruce had been there the night before. Can't argue with that

Only just spotted this. Brucie - what an icon of British TV. Have enjoyed reading about his life in the papers this last week.

Back