• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Plymouth boss Adams: Roots Hall pitch was like a rugby field

Evening Echo

The News
PLYMOUTH Argyle boss Derek Adams likened the Roots Hall pitch to a ‘rugby field’ following Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Southend United.

More...

Just 3 games in and that pitch is terrible....unworthy of Sunday football let alone tier three.

Ok, thanks to Mr Adams confirmation I now understand why the Plymouth defenders resorted to rugby tackles and body checks so frequently yesterday.

Don't believe a word of it - I am sure they would have scouted either the Blackburn or Newport game.

He's right. The pitch is a bloody disgrace right now and certainly isn't going to help our chances this season.

Did the old groundsman nick the roller ? The pitch surely wouldnt cut up so much if we rolled it flat rather than continually water the pitch all the time. The way it is our injury list is only going to get longer .

If we blame the pitch for our poor performances , look what happened when we played on a superb pitch at rotherham ..... we were rubbish + lost 5-0 !!!!

The pitch was relayed a few weeks ago, it hasn't had time to settle yet and with all the water they keep putting on it it's bound to cut up easily, it needs rest and time to bed in, should be much better for Rochdale game.

The pitch was relayed a few weeks ago, it hasn't had time to settle yet and with all the water they keep putting on it it's bound to cut up easily, it needs rest and time to bed in, should be much better for Rochdale game.

So we've relayed it since our first home game against Blackburn then?

Every year we would always have a top quality pitch... I think it's no coincidence that it's like that after we sacked the groundsman .

It's embarrassing if I'm honest

Every year we would always have a top quality pitch... I think it's no coincidence that it's like that after we sacked the groundsman .

It's embarrassing if I'm honest

Its not just the pitch, the whole stadium is awlful, Frank Walton clock not working again,and West stand toilet well say no more, the food bar must be health risk

Its not just the pitch, the whole stadium is awlful, Frank Walton clock not working again,and West stand toilet well say no more, the food bar must be health risk

I agree even down to the TV in the west side bar not working properly,it looked at times like there was 50 odd players running around with the ghosting on the screen,and so much for the toilets just bloody disgraceful Ron and co.:headbang:

I agree even down to the TV in the west side bar not working properly,it looked at times like there was 50 odd players running around with the ghosting on the screen,and so much for the toilets just bloody disgraceful Ron and co.:headbang:

I think there's a point where you're throwing good money after bad. Our place needs a LOT of money spending on it - certainly one of the worst grounds in the lower leagues. And if we leave it will be ripped down and binned. If the club is hopeful of us leaving any time soon I can understand why they aren't splashing the cash at Roots Hall.

It's the revenge of the sacked groundsman ! shame, as down the years Roots hall has generally been known for having a good pitch, especially for a lower league team. But as already stated, same for both sides.

I think there's a point where you're throwing good money after bad. Our place needs a LOT of money spending on it - certainly one of the worst grounds in the lower leagues. And if we leave it will be ripped down and binned. If the club is hopeful of us leaving any time soon I can understand why they aren't splashing the cash at Roots Hall.

Ron has invested heavily on the first team....make no mistake some of our guys are on decent money...so he should have invested in the playing surface too in order these players can do their stuff on nice flat grass....not divot world.

Back