• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimperstrust

Supporting SUFC
The Southend fans truly did themselves proud on Saturday with their response to the Moody Blues campaign. A notable contribution was also generously made by the visiting Plymouth Argyle supporters.

A total of £3,146.17 in cash donations (plus a plectrum and various foreign coinage!) was received on the day, to bring the total raised in tribute to Alan so far to £4,951.17

It is anticipated that there will be some further additions to this sum too - a group of fans are holding cricket match today with a raffle to help raise funds, and an auction of a specially commissioned print will be announced shortly.

There is also currently an on-going auction for a pair of signed Adam Barrett Boots, details of which can be found here.

The online donation facility will remain open until the end of August so if you still wish to make a donation please visit the main Moody Blues page by clicking here.

And royalties from sales of Andrew Leeder's book 'Roots To the 92' - available online here will continue to be paid to the campaign fund over the same period.
collection01.jpg

That is truly amazing and a fantastic response for a great Southend United hero and legend.

It really is an amazing effort and it hasn't stopped there - I believe it's now topped the £5,000 mark with online donations....and there's still BLUEBLOOD's cricket match today, Roots to the 92 royalties, the Adam Barrett boots auction and other stuff to go. Our supporters should feel rightly proud. :clap:

..... and the Moody Blues cricket match at Rayleigh was going strong as I left it around 5 ish this afternoon - great to pop along and spend time chatting to the many Shrimper fans taking part. A very relaxed atmosphere - well maybe apart from Lee who was buzzing around organising it all and doing the scoring, and no one was escaping the raffle ticket sellers!

Lee just this minute has called me as I was uploading the pics below, to say that the total monies they raised this afternoon was a stunning £670, which brings the total Moody Blues funds to over £5,600. As has been said before re all this ....wow, and as Kevin notes in his post above, it is what our club is all about. Lee is still at the club tidying things up but will hopefully post later with further details of it all:clap::clap::clap::clap:
DSC_2064.jpgDSC_2062.jpg

If this gets him back on SZ then that's a huge bonus as far as I'm concerned!

..... and the Moody Blues cricket match at Rayleigh was going strong as I left it around 5 ish this afternoon - great to pop along and spend time chatting to the many Shrimper fans taking part. A very relaxed atmosphere - well maybe apart from Lee who was buzzing around organising it all and doing the scoring, and no one was escaping the raffle ticket sellers!

Lee just this minute has called me as I was uploading the pics below, to say that the total monies they raised this afternoon was a stunning £670, which brings the total Moody Blues funds to over £5,600. As has been said before re all this ....wow, and as Kevin notes in his post above, it is what our club is all about. Lee is still at the club tidying things up but will hopefully post later with further details of it all:clap::clap::clap::clap:
View attachment 4885View attachment 4886

Well its a good job I grabbed you because one of your tickets was pulled out and I chose the 2 nights at the Pier View guest house on your behalf. Thought you might want to make a weekend out of one of your trips to RH :smile:

Hi all, ok so as SS mentioned it was a great great success today and i will have the great pleasure of handing over £672 to the Moody Blues pot in the next day or two

Many many thanks to everyone who played today, turned out to give their support and of course everyone that bought tickets for the raffle which generated over £400

I would also like to pay tribute to Rayleigh Cricket Club who added the players match fees to the pot, and for their supporters and officials who opened the bar, did the BBQ and generally ran the off-field side of things while i was trying to guide my side to victory out on the field of play .. quite successfully i might add as my ragtag assortment defended our 122 to win by 9 runs :thumbsup:

also can i just mention that Dave Goody (the author of many many books on the Blues) is auctioning his late fathers copy of the first Official History of the Blues (co written with Peter Mason) in aid of Moody Blues ... now this is a very very rare book indeed and what you'll be bidding for is the very first one off the press, complete with around 70 signatures from the launch day including many now sadly deceased, pretty much all of that wonderful side of the early 90s and a whole host of Shrimpers legends from down the years, i believe a certain A Moody has himself signed it. For a Shrimper its probably priceless and the fact that Dave is willing to part with such an artifact is not only a mark of what a man he is, but to the status in which he holds Alan, i doubt i could name another player he'd do this for ... it'll be on eBay very soon if it isnt already so head over there and get bidding !!!

also can i just mention that Dave Goody (the author of many many books on the Blues) is auctioning his late fathers copy of the first Official History of the Blues (co written with Peter Mason) in aid of Moody Blues ... now this is a very very rare book indeed and what you'll be bidding for is the very first one off the press, complete with around 70 signatures from the launch day including many now sadly deceased, pretty much all of that wonderful side of the early 90s and a whole host of Shrimpers legends from down the years, i believe a certain A Moody has himself signed it. For a Shrimper its probably priceless and the fact that Dave is willing to part with such an artifact is not only a mark of what a man he is, but to the status in which he holds Alan, i doubt i could name another player he'd do this for ... it'll be on eBay very soon if it isnt already so head over there and get bidding !!!
Is the book on eBay yet, cant seem to find it on there?
If it is then maybe an eBay link on here would be allowed on this occasion?

Is the book on eBay yet, cant seem to find it on there?
If it is then maybe an eBay link on here would be allowed on this occasion?

Hi, no it's not there yet UTS - Dave intends to put it up at the weekend/next week, I'll seek to ensure all know about that when it happens.

A quick sum up re all other stuff:

There remains the Adam Barrett signed boots up for auction at the mo - see separate thread: http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...an-Moody-Fundraiser-Adam-Barrett-Boot-Auction

We will also have a specially commissioned Alan Moody print up for auction soon - just awaiting the proof on that, so news to follow re that too.

There remains open for now the online donation facility via Shrimpers Trust: http://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/home.asp?page_id=766

And Roots To 92 royalties until end of month continue to go to the campaign fund: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roots-92-A...id=1501265445&sr=8-1&keywords=roots+to+the+92

There will be a collection bucket sitting on the bar in the Shrimpers Bar before kick-off for the Rochdale game on 2 Sept to catch any last minute cash donations for those that missed the Plymouth game. We hope to have a signed ball draw accompanying that - anyone who puts any cash in the bucket on the day (whatever the amount) can put their name on the list beside it and we'll have a draw for the ball later that day

There was an update on collections on the club website yesterday: https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2017/august/moody-blues-update--a-huge-thank-you/

Further news of the weekends collections appeared in The Echo today: http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/blues/15488099.Fans_raise___5k_for_Blues_legend_Moody/

And if you still can't get enough of it there should be a further update with the very latest figure coming out from The Shrimpers Trust later this eve.

That just leaves arrangements for Alan's visit on 2 Sept - I'll post up what I can re that nearer the time.

I think that will do for now. :smile:

Back