• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues boss Brown: It was the most one-sided 1-1 draw I've ever seen

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown labelled Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Plymouth Argyle as the most one-sided he had ever seen.

More...

Think Bolton fans, from the away game, may disagree there Phil!!

Well from the West Stand i thought a draw was about right. Yes we had a almost 20 corners , but not one of them looked dangerous , with all our players standing static in the box bereft of movement.... while the taker gently floated yet another lazy corner kick onto one of their defenders without any challenge. They showed real quality , intelligence , passion and aggression into their set pieces , so none of us were at all surprised when they equalised.
I think i m right in saying that Plymouth had more shots on target than us and they certainly had the better chances. Oxley made a world class save whereas i cant recall their keeper doing much at all. + of course our goal was an OG !

So all in all , Phil Brown saying things like this just makes him look daft.

2 points dropped against a very average team.

I'm generally supportive of Phil Brown but that's a daft statement. We were much better in general play, but on the balance of chances a draw was the fair result.

We can, and will, do better in front of goal, not least when Ranger is ready. Saturday has convinced me that we really do need another midfielder capable of linking with the attack, even if only via the loan market, in case Wordsworth misses significant time.

Onwards!

We were the better team and had the better chances, but I wouldn't say it was the most one-sided I've seen.

Kighly had two very good opportunities that he should have done better with, Leonard was played through on goal but mis-played his pass across to Cox for a tap-in etc. All very good chances that we should be scoring.

Back