• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
The game is technically our closest this season barring a nightmare on the QE2 bridge.

As we all know it is a hell hole of the highest order with a death trap of an away stand. £20 seems very steep to me for a ticket.

It would be nice to get back on track with a win a cox goal and a 15 minute cameo from Ranger.

Incidentally the ticket sales link now includes away tickets sold and we have sold 800 odd in advance which isn't bad. Maybe 1300+ on the day.

Sadly I shall be missing the easiest " home game" for me , as I am forced to be in Valencia currently , but please boys for feck sake beat Gillngham this year, as 3 defeats was hard to take last year, and we are back again, just like last season as early as Tuesday night, which although the carp cup, I hope to be back for,
p.s. If you think it's a hell hole, at Giilingham and Priestfields , just imagine doubling it, to get some way close to what they think about the wondrous Roots Hall and surrounds, hardly Virginia Water is it ? Plus the wonder pitch we now play on ? Just saying like in the interest of balance:winking:

I'd take our place all day long!! If it f***s down with rain we get soaked Southend as a area is a palace compared to gillingham, it really is a s**t hole

I'd take our place all day long!! If it f***s down with rain we get soaked Southend as a area is a palace compared to gillingham, it really is a s**t hole

What he said. You can spend a day or a weekend in Southend. Don't want to spend more than a few hours in gillingham.

Yeah, Prittlewell and Wescliff is a wonderful place. The area of Gillingham that the football ground is in, is a bit naff, but the area of the town that Roots Hall is in, is also a bit naff.

Imagine an away fan walking from Victoria Station down past the abandonded and derelict office buildings, past the boarded up shops, pizza and kebab places, looking at Priory Park with its traveller population? Every town has good and bad parts.

Anyway, we are obessed on here about how big the attendance will be and how wonderful the surrounding area of Southend is compared to other towns.

This is a football forum, so for me, unchanged depending on the fitness of Ferdinand and Kiernan. Hope to see changes on the bench though with some of the injured players being slowly introduced back.

An uncharged starting line up; with Nile being on the bench.
We are due a result in Kent so 2 nil Blues with Cox and Glash scoring.

Gillingham - played 4 scored 0 so far this season .....when's that first goal going to come ..........

Gillingham - played 4 scored 0 so far this season .....when's that first goal going to come ..........
Exactly my thought. Last year they had not won for a while until we turned up at their ground and Innis saw red !

We haven't exactly set the world alight in our first 4 games either, scoring just 2, and conceding 9!! (joint worse in the league).

My heart says, 2-0 to Southend (Cox & Kightley bagging our goals), but my head says it will be 0-0.

4-0 Blues. Carlton Cole hat trick with a late goal off the bench for Mario Jardel.

Interesting forecast, you may want to give this lot a try, they would probably welcome you.

attachment.php

Cox will score an early goal, we will then miss a couple of gilt edged chances and the Gills will equalise on the stroke of half-time from a set piece and go on to score a winner in the 89th minute.

I thought if I say that it won't happen. Perhaps. Or perhaps not. Or then again......

I'd take a draw here. Win the next home game and that'll be 5 points from 3 games since Rotherham which I'd be happy with

Nope. They are dire at the moment. Haven't scored in 4 games. We should be looking to improve and take 3 points.

Back