• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

HenrikLarsson

Hi all,

I'm a local photographer and I'm just starting a little personal project about Roots Hall and how it serves the community. As part of this I'm hoping to take some individual portraits of supporters before matches. I'm particularly interested in long-time fans, the older generation, but it's open to anyone. It would only take 5 or 10 mins and I'd meet you somewhere near Roots Hall before a game. In return I can offer a free print.

So please let me know if you're interested and we can arrange something.

If you want an idea of my photography, this is my website: http://www.markmassey.co.uk/

I have been a supporter since 1982 and am doing this as I think it's important to document Roots Hall before (*if*) we ever move ground. I've seen a few similar photo projects in the past, eg West Ham's last season at the Boleyn and the last days at Walthamstow dogs.

cheers, Mark

Here's some of the ShrimperZone ladies on their way to a dust up in Rotherham, circa 1952.

pa-4944348.jpg

Hi all,

I'm a local photographer and I'm just starting a little personal project about Roots Hall and how it serves the community. As part of this I'm hoping to take some individual portraits of supporters before matches. I'm particularly interested in long-time fans, the older generation, but it's open to anyone. It would only take 5 or 10 mins and I'd meet you somewhere near Roots Hall before a game. In return I can offer a free print.

If you want an idea of my photography, this is my website: http://www.markmassey.co.uk/

I have been a supporter since 1982 and am doing this as I think it's important to document Roots Hall before (*if*) we ever move ground. I've seen a few similar photo projects in the past, eg West Ham's last season at the Boleyn and the last days at Walthamstow dogs.

cheers, Mark

As the owner of the Zone can I go first ? I am attending Saturday's game after travelling down from Yorkshire.

Hi all,

cheers, Mark

Happy to be involved if needed

I go with my dad, my husband and my son, but we travel independently (well, hubby and I go together) so don't think we'd be able to meet up. Shame as we've got well over 100 years of supporting between us.

Thanks all for the quick replies. I've already got someone (possibly two) lined up for a portrait before Saturday's game, so I will get back to the rest individually after that to see if I can set up at least one per match. If you've volunteered and don't hear from me for a bit, don't worry I will definitely get back to you before a future game...

PS if anyone wants to email me directly my address is markjmassey@gmail.com

Hi all,

I'm still taking portraits of supporters before home games, so if anyone else wants to volunteer for this Saturday, please let me know. I've taken a good few already and it tends to take about 5 to 10 mins.

BTW in the original post I asked for long-time fans and older generation, but it doesn't have to be - absolutely anybody is welcome!

Love the photo in post #3.

Not a car in sight.

Bit of research reveals it's the 1950 FA Cup Final between Arsenal and Liverpool and the good ladies shown are from 'oop North! :thumbsup:

Back