• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Assuming Ron can find the dosh, do you want him here or not?

• Yeah, were desparate

Votes: 68 41.0%
  • Nope, were not that desperate

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • I'm still thinking about it

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • Bart

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Yep, he looks like he could bring something to the team that we're missing

Votes: 55 33.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Board meeting today.

Not sure why it needs to be discussed at a board meeting, couldnt Ron have sanctioned this well before now?

I imagine the current league position with the budget thats already been made available might be the hotter topic of discussion

Sounds like we have a load of frustrated supporters here, i can understand that,but its only because of the injuries we have ,im interested in hearing what the 2nd opinion is on the scans Kightly is having seeing how after his first scans the doctors opinion was different to what the physios etc at the club said.Just perhaps this may reveal why we having so much trouble with injuries ( hammies etc ).

We have a midfield comprised of a wantaway, a crock and a league 2 standard player. How would this signing represent bad business on any level? Kightly is a winger, so I have no idea what his injury status has to do with the fact that our central midfield needs improvement.

What is the one thing we are hearing match after match? Chances not being created, strikers not on target. I strongly believe the latter will come good, the pedigree is there, but the former has been an issue since we came into League One and, for me, the reason why we failed to make the play-offs last season and the reason we'll finish lower-mid table this year.

I would have JW on a one year deal and KR on a three month deal.

We have a midfield comprised of a wantaway, a crock and a league 2 standard player. How would this signing represent bad business on any level? Kightly is a winger, so I have no idea what his injury status has to do with the fact that our central midfield needs improvement.

What is the one thing we are hearing match after match? Chances not being created, strikers not on target. I strongly believe the latter will come good, the pedigree is there, but the former has been an issue since we came into League One and, for me, the reason why we failed to make the play-offs last season and the reason we'll finish lower-mid table this year.

I would have JW on a one year deal and KR on a three month deal.
well i never mentioned anything about the midfield ,i just mentioned the fact ,that we are getting so many injuries , hammies etc and maybe the physios are to blame by giving a wrong diagnosis,seeing as how a doctors report has said different to them and now the club getting a second opinion

Good midfield on paper But paper don't win games . Might have the best midfield in Div 1 but it dony mean your going to play well together .

Stick with Yearwood , he'll only get better with games and it will save the club money in the long run . The added bonus is that we will have a ready made replacement for Leonard when he leaves .

Chris Phillips has just tweeted that a deal has been struck subject to a medical.

Another Gillingham reject.. lucky we didn't sign Nelson.

Back