• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Assuming Ron can find the dosh, do you want him here or not?

• Yeah, were desparate

Votes: 68 41.0%
  • Nope, were not that desperate

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • I'm still thinking about it

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • Bart

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Yep, he looks like he could bring something to the team that we're missing

Votes: 55 33.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Plenty of candidates on the leave side .Rip up Turners contract . Let some one go out on loan .

The transfer window is shut, knowing can leave on loan and know one can come in on loan. The only players that maybe allowed on loan are non pro players going on work experience but that won't free up any budget. And as for ripping up the contracts, if you walked into work in the morning and your boss ripped up your contract and was told to leave without doing a sackable offence what you going to do about it? Players have employment rights just as much as you and I

Plenty of candidates on the leave side .Rip up Turners contract . Let some one go out on loan .

Great plan, once Turner's sued us for illegally terminating his contract we won't even be able to afford to pay the players we have, let alone any new ones. Then everyone will demand to leave and our wage bill will be freed up!

Plenty of players have had there contract terminated Turner was never fit from day one The guy hadn't played a full game in two seasons .

Plenty of players have had there contract terminated Turner was never fit from day one The guy hadn't played a full game in two seasons .

so you want to terminate the contract of someone who hasn't even played for the club in a competitive game yet? If he comes back and becomes our best defender (which is a realistic option given his pedigree) would you still feel the same?

Did you say the say when Ranger got injured against Sheff Utd last season?

Is he still training with us , I know if yes it doesn't prove anything , but if he isn't I would assume it's not happening

Perhaps it is a bit knee jerk to suggest Turner. Robinson though.... I feel sick every time I think of the 3 year deal we gave him and the fact we could have freed him up and got someone like Josh in.....

Worth pointing out that Robinson is on less on his current contract than he was on with his initial 2.5 year deal that he signed when he came from Lincoln. It was a mutually beneficial move as it gave him greater security with a longer contract and reduced what we were paying to free up room in the wage bill.

It is annoying having a player like Turner on our books but cant afford Wright. The fault though is PB, he knew MK record of not playing over a long time, yet still signed him.

...but we needed a central defender, T'was a risk, sadly it seems not to have paid off. Not yet, anyway.

I really think this would be a missed opportunity to not bring Wright in. Understand around the budget being spent but surely we could bridge the over spend until January and then at that point hopefully move someone on to bring the wages back into the correct budget?

Josh would get goals and provide a creative spark we are clearly missing.

Players have had their contract terminated by mutual consent meaning that both club wants rid and the player wants to get out or terminated due to gross misconduct. Turner hasn't been naughty and probably doesn't want to leave. If that was to happen he couldn't sign for another club until January so he won't want to leave even if the club want shot of him. As for not being fit, he was fit, he went to Spain with the team and surprised a few how fit he was. He then played in the first few friendlies before getting injured. These things happen especially during the pre season when the ground is hard. Give him a chance to play several games before judging him.
In my opinion 33 is not really old for a former premier league CB. Maybe he will lose a bit of pace but still has the knowledge and experience. Spencer Prior seemed to deal with Rooney and Ronaldo at 35.

Board meeting at 2pm. Josh Wright on the agenda. Also been offered Karl Henry as well as other players. He's 35 in November. Can you imagine the outcry on here if he signs?

Chris Phillips of the Echo has just posted that's there is a board meeting at 14.00 and josh is on the agenda..:smile:

Please Ron

Gvs4mJN.jpg

I really think this would be a missed opportunity to not bring Wright in. Understand around the budget being spent but surely we could bridge the over spend until January and then at that point hopefully move someone on to bring the wages back into the correct budget?

Josh would get goals and provide a creative spark we are clearly missing.
josh wright signs, we start winning, attendances go up, income goes up, budget sorted. Surely it's this simple (w)right?:smile:

Back