• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Assuming Ron can find the dosh, do you want him here or not?

• Yeah, were desparate

Votes: 68 41.0%
  • Nope, were not that desperate

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • I'm still thinking about it

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • Bart

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Yep, he looks like he could bring something to the team that we're missing

Votes: 55 33.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Couldn't you play Lenard wright timlin as a 3 Wordsworth in the hole behind cox and ranger and just leave out the out and out wingers for this game I think away from home we have to be stronger in the middle of the pitch

I'll be interested to see what the tackling side of his game is like. Mr Timlin may be getting slower and his passing isn't as accurate as it was, but he still packs a punch in the tackle.

I'll be interested to see what the tackling side of his game is like. Mr Timlin may be getting slower and his passing isn't as accurate as it was, but he still packs a punch in the tackle.
he does show his studs through, a lot.... if you was in the west Saturday? There was a tackle that was very clear (studs up) from S block.

he does show his studs through, a lot.... if you was in the west Saturday? There was a tackle that was very clear (studs up) from S block.

If a player shows studs in a tackle then the ref will decide how to deal with it. Yep I was in the West Saturday and Michael had a bit of a 'wild' game but that's not what I wanted to know. If Timlin is going to be sacrificed who will be the enforcer in midfield?

Lenny perhaps? :unsure:

That's a bit of load on Len though. At the moment Timlin will administer some discipline on opposition players whilst Len is covering in front of the back four. I'm not saying that Timlin should keep his place, but we may find we are a bit short on the 'assertive' front. Time will tell.

If a player shows studs in a tackle then the ref will decide how to deal with it. Yep I was in the West Saturday and Michael had a bit of a 'wild' game but that's not what I wanted to know. If Timlin is going to be sacrificed who will be the enforcer in midfield?
Yes I understand the ref will deal with it, I like Timlin The Terrier, I don't think the ref saw it.

I dont know to be honest who will be our player with bite, I'm surprised the ref never see the Lenny hand in the back, push....every time he jumps... I think Timlin will be selected, Brown likes his commitment.

I have mentioned it before on a different thread but I see no mention of Dru Yearwood. We as a Club are guilty of not getting the best out of young players before they leave for pastures new. One only has to think back to a young Michael Kightly. Yearwood didn't do a lot wrong on Saturday until he got himself one tackle away from a red. I am sure that is why he was subbed. Is he now consigned to the bench for the rest of the season ? I still do not feel that Josh Wright was needed and his game time will be at the expense of Dru. I realise it is very hard to develop players when results are so important but he is worth a place. Probably not when everyone is fit and available but he is close.

I have mentioned it before on a different thread but I see no mention of Dru Yearwood. We as a Club are guilty of not getting the best out of young players before they leave for pastures new. One only has to think back to a young Michael Kightly. Yearwood didn't do a lot wrong on Saturday until he got himself one tackle away from a red. I am sure that is why he was subbed. Is he now consigned to the bench for the rest of the season ? I still do not feel that Josh Wright was needed and his game time will be at the expense of Dru. I realise it is very hard to develop players when results are so important but he is worth a place. Probably not when everyone is fit and available but he is close.

I honestly believe bringing Wright in is as a replacement for when Lenny leaves, which after getting him in this early i now believe will be in January, we was stumped before he signed and couldnt afford to let lenny go with no one lined up for his spot, not weve got someone ready made (sort of). I also think PB will be working Wrights defensive side of his game over and over before Lenny does go so he really cant slot into his role. Just not sure how effectively he can manage it.

I honestly believe bringing Wright in is as a replacement for when Lenny leaves, which after getting him in this early i now believe will be in January, we was stumped before he signed and couldnt afford to let lenny go with no one lined up for his spot, not weve got someone ready made (sort of). I also think PB will be working Wrights defensive side of his game over and over before Lenny does go so he really cant slot into his role. Just not sure how effectively he can manage it.

Yes what I said the other day, a reduced price in January. I am ok with it though.

I think it's Dru who has been earmarked as the long term Lenny replacement.

The fact is that Yearwood is an exciting teenager on a long term contract with the club. He was selected to start for the last game and has been involved with the first team squad for much of the season thus far. Due to injuries he has undoubtedly had more game time thus far than even he would have expected however ......

I don't think for one minute that the signing of Wright is in any way, shape or form going to see Dru consigned to the sub's bench for the rest of the season. Sure it adds to the competition for places but I would have thought that should be seen as a challenge and drive him (and others) onto greater things if we are going taster success this season. A true meritocracy is surely the healthiest of employments to work in and I don't think PB is in a position to pick anything other than the best team he has available to him at the moment. So if the boy shows up well in games and training he will be involved. If not he won't.

I think, deep down, you already know what it's like without having to see it. Take the sage advice of Roxette and you'll have your answer.

Still trolling our site Jonny, I'd worry about your lot if I were you, I'm sure we can loan a couple of our younger lads to help you out.

Still trolling our site Jonny, I'd worry about your lot if I were you, I'm sure we can loan a couple of our younger lads to help you out.

I think deep down he knows he loves Southend. I suppose we can be his 'big/football league team' now.

Back