• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Route 5 Sutton Road, opposite Kenbro. It's the only Authentic Italian in the area (sorry padrino, flying pasta and the others) why do I say this? Ok everything is home made, (others claim this but they all use the same supplier called divine) The bread, the pasta.... all made by the couple and their Mum in the kitchen, 1 is italian and the other is Sicilian, they use products from their local villages.

The home made Tiramisu is brilliant, and massive... I also recommend they cheese board if they have the Borolo wine cheese available, they have only been open 2 years, the prices are excellent.... The food is different, you won't find garlic bread on the menu (it's really an American thing, it may be nice) they are sticking to their guns on Authentic, it's what makes them different and better, a really nice couple... check trip advisor, they have great reviews (except a couple of rivals that are obviously jealous of what they are doing)

Good luck with the move.

IronShrimper, I couldn't agree with you more Route 5 is amazing! really close nice family atmosphere and very welcoming, great fresh food, but not quite westcliff. Definitely worth the Taxi though!

I live in Chalkwell / Leigh borders ... (:winking:) and plenty to choose from. There's a new Turkish place bang opposite Aldi's which is well worth a visit but you can't top Pasta Pia. Best Italian bar none in the area. Padrino's is a bit classier/expensive along Shorefield just off the front. Coffee shop opposite Crowstone Road is really good and a few cheap and cheerful cafes (jay jeans really good which is opposite Halfords) ... you always get looked after well in Zen City and there's another decent Chinese bang opposite Zen down HCR.

I could go on....

LOL! Are you SS9 or SS0?!

interestingly, where would you say Leigh ends and Chalkwell begins. Where Leigh Road and Kings Road split?

IronShrimper, I couldn't agree with you more Route 5 is amazing! really close nice family atmosphere and very welcoming, great fresh food, but not quite westcliff. Definitely worth the Taxi though!
Thanks mate, honestly it must be one of the only ones in Essex that make from scratch, I know the trade a little and I know the owners well, I always point people here, once they try fresh they understand the other stuff in brought in, frozen. Have a good evening.

interestingly, where would you say Leigh ends and Chalkwell begins. Where Leigh Road and Kings Road split?

Ss0 9 ... so close �� Yeah pretty much. Basically anything west of Chalkwell park is LOS ... So from Nelson, Leigh road area...

As far as the General is concerned it doesn't matter if it is SS9 or SS0 it all goes in Prittle Brook.

The Kings Off Licence is fantastic however be careful if you take your kids in there.

They have a modest but well curated collection of top shelf grot near the door.

Ha, I just came in to say that I'd not been there in years but always recall this as the best off-license I've been to in the UK. They sell everything.

Can't comment on the top shelf grot though :blush:

Ha, I just came in to say that I'd not been there in years but always recall this as the best off-license I've been to in the UK. They sell everything.

Because you couldn't reach?

J Wadsworth in St Ives Cambridgeshire is the best off licence I have been to but the Kings Off Licence is certainly one for our community to be proud of.

Back