• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ben Coker is gonna end up coming back from a broken leg quicker than this guy

I heard that Turner is so slow that Coker even with a broken leg is quicker than this guy.

I would just point out that I wasn't at the Braintree match to see Turner in action, but have relied on a report from a friend who saw him.

I heard that Turner is so slow that Coker even with a broken leg is quicker than this guy.

I would just point out that I wasn't at the Braintree match to see Turner in action, but have relied on a report from a friend who saw him.
At Braintree there was every indication that he's still a very good player(if fit!).One thing he'd have is the ability to head home a corner!I can only recall one such player in donkeys' years,Cian Bolger.

Turner was probably quite unfit at Braintree too, so if he can ever get fit he could well be useful. That’s a big ‘if’ though.

At Braintree there was every indication that he's still a very good player(if fit!).One thing he'd have is the ability to head home a corner!I can only recall one such player in donkeys' years,Cian Bolger.

Leon cort hat trick all headers if I recall right.

Not Adam Barrett then?

What was the name of the bald centre-half we flogged to Fleetwood for £150,000? Ryan Cress-something.

The strange thing about Cresswell is he said he wanted to play and live up North forever. He now plays for Eastleigh.....in Hampshire, Lol. Only 29 by the way. I thought he was older.

Yes,thanks for the reminder-Cresswell would be the one PRIOR(!) to Bolger.

So who are me missing for Saturday?

Coker (for Sure) - Broken Leg
Kiernan (for sure) - Knee Injury

Smith (possibly) - Shoulder Injury
Kyprianou (possibly) - Thigh Injury
Fortune (possibly) - Hamstring Injury
McGlaughlin (possibly) - Hamstring Injury
White (possibly) - Hamstring Injury
Kightly (possibly) - Head Injury
Wordsworth (possibly) - Calf Injury & personal problems

Other possible players i'm guessing that could be doubtful's are:

Demi - (depending how he got on in the match after his injections for a fractured rib injury).
Timlin - seemed to take a real heavy knock in the 1st half. But limped onward's.
Robinson - Not sure what the deal is with him?
Ranger - Disciplinary matters.

Have I missed anyone out?......Worse case scenario, we are looking very thin on the ground right now!

Just glad Timlin or Cox didn't pick up a yellow card tonight (I think their both on 4 yellows already??) or they would have also been missing against Oxford on Saturday.

Last edited:
So who are me missing for Saturday?

Coker (for Sure) - Broken Leg
Kiernan (for sure) - Knee Injury

Smith (possibly) - Shoulder Injury
Fortune (possibly) - Hamstring Injury
McGlaughlin (possibly) - Hamstring Injury
White (possibly) - Hamstring Injury
Kightly (possibly) - Head Injury
Wordsworth (possibly) - Calf Injury & personal problems

Other possible players i'm guessing that could be doubtful's are:

Demi - (depending how he got on in the match after his injections for a fractured rib injury).
Timlin - seemed to take a real heavy knock in the 1st half. But limped onward's.
Robinson - Not sure what the deal is with him?
Ranger - Disciplinary matters.

Have I missed anyone out?......Worse case scenario, we are looking very thin on the ground right now!

Just glad Timlin or Cox didn't pick up a yellow card tonight (I think their both on 4 yellows already??) or they would have also been missing against Oxford on Saturday.
Dont forget Harry Kyprianou !!!

So worse case scenario :

--------------------------------OXLEY----------------------------
ELVIS------------TURNER-----------------FERDINAND-----HENDRIE
WRIGHT---------YEARWOOD------------LEONARD---------BRIDGE
--------------------COX-------------BA------------------------

+ thats assuming old boys Turner + Ferdinand can play a 3rd game in 8 days. Also assuming PB doesnt pick a scapegoat from these guys ala Prosser/ Bolger + get rid of em !!!!
Not the best 11 we've ever had but if some of the bad apples are not around then the team spirit should improve and the youngsters should freshen things up and give a youthful enthusiasm.
Luckily it would appear Oxford's defence is not up to much!!!!!

Forgot about Kyp's, anyone know how much longer he is out for? or back training again? I didn't think it was that bad, but i'm guessing it was, as he's been injured since October 7th.

I don't mind that XI. I'd swap Yearwood for Wright. Yearwood did a good job playing narrow right

So worse case scenario :

Looks closer to a best case scenario to me (unless you are concerned about prolonging Brown's regime and worried this may revive it).

Back