• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't know why you lot are being so pessimistic. It's clear that our much needed, expensive, trip abroad in the summer has done wonders for everyone's fitness. It was imperative that the staff went on that trip to make sure every player gets a good hard pre-season behind them to prevent injuries to players.

You can't say we are not reaping the benefits...

Last edited:
Michael Kightly due to return to full training on Monday. Hopefully he might be ready for Tuesday night against the posh.

I did say hopefully, I don't know how much other training he may have undertaken during his hamstring injury. He's general fitness should be ok, he's only been out for about a month.

I did say hopefully, I don't know how much other training he may have undertaken during his hamstring injury. He's general fitness should be ok, he's only been out for about a month.

Not sure it's the hamstring we should be worried about....

Surely Turner MUST be on the bench on Tuesday, IF (big IF) he was considered possible for Wigan?
Kites might be okay for some time at the weekend?
I am hopeful that Hendrie has been warming the bench as he is near recovery but there for emergency use only?

Kightly has a number of previous injury problems to remember, I would suggest it's a case of getting his head right and in tune with his body.

Fair point, he's a quality player and we need him at his best, I for one hope he plays Tuesday and gets a goal too :happy:

Whats wrong with his head? I presume you mean a mental aspect to the game as apose to a head injury?

RE: Ted Smith.

I noticed Bishop was on the bench again today. (and happy he is getting some part of being in the 1st team family).

But, Personally, I thought Ted would have returned to the bench by now.... More so when I recently saw him do some PR work in a local rag.

Did Phil mention him during that trust Q&A when discussing injuries?. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see Bishop on the bench, but in our current injury & suspension crisis, I would rather us to take a risk & see another outfield player on the sub bench.

Whats wrong with his head? I presume you mean a mental aspect to the game as apose to a head injury?

When a player has had an injury stricken career, there has to be expected a certain amount of "getting the head right". There's always a fear that you're not going to recover, especially when he was out for so long not that long ago. Not everyone is a Barry Corr or Mark Phillips type.

RE: Ted Smith.

But, Personally, I thought Ted would have returned to the bench by now.... More so when I recently saw him do some PR work in a local rag.

Did Phil mention him during that trust Q&A when discussing injuries?. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see Bishop on the bench, but in our current injury & suspension crisis, I would rather us to take a risk & see another outfield player on the sub bench.
See my earlier post on Ted....
Ted is in training but not yet with gloves on, he's had an injection in his shoulder.

Kightly

I've seen a lot of mentions about Kiernan turner kyprianou coker, but our star summer signing doesn't get a mention.

How long is he out for and when is he back?

Per Chris Phillips, Kiernan has had an operation so guessing he will be out a while longer still

Any news on Turner? He was rumoured to be starting against Wigan 10 days ago, and hasn't even made the bench since. Which considering the lack of options at Centre Back is a little odd?

Back