• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England's September qualifying games

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
Missed the Malta game,thankfully.Just saw the first half of yesterday's game before falling asleep at HT, (which sort of sums up England's qualifying games for me these days).

No thoughts from anyone who saw both or either of these games?

Second half yesterday was a decent performance I thought. Trouble is, if we play like the first half of the Slovakia game we'll get torn apart.

And lets face it, we were on a hiding to nothing vs Malta. They parked the bus, we didn't need a keeper.

Missed the Malta game entirely as I was at a wedding, but went to last night's game at Wembley. England much better after the first half hour but overall you'd probably still only mark them as 'decent enough'.

Which is more than I can say for some of the ********s near me, who kept on adding in 'No Surrender' in to any renditions of the national anthem. Who exactly are YOU not surrendering to, 18 year old boy?

Lovely goal by Rashford though. We were right behind the goal and got an excellent view of it. Supporting England is hardly thrill-a-minute but there is still the odd moment of brilliance to brighten up the evening.

I've seen a few people knocking the attendance. Over 67,000 for a game against a team who are hardly box office, on a Monday night, when the schools are back - that is still very good in book.

Missed the Malta game,thankfully.Just saw the first half of yesterday's game before falling asleep at HT, (which sort of sums up England's qualifying games for me these days).

No thoughts from anyone who saw both or either of these games?

Malta we were dog...2 holding mid against such opposition is simply mad...slow build up is simple to defend against.

Last night was better...played it with speed...Rashford stole the show...young hungry and bloody quick works every time.

Missed the Malta game entirely as I was at a wedding, but went to last night's game at Wembley. England much better after the first half hour but overall you'd probably still only mark them as 'decent enough'.

Which is more than I can say for some of the ********s near me, who kept on adding in 'No Surrender' in to any renditions of the national anthem. Who exactly are YOU not surrendering to, 18 year old boy?

Lovely goal by Rashford though. We were right behind the goal and got an excellent view of it. Supporting England is hardly thrill-a-minute but there is still the odd moment of brilliance to brighten up the evening.

I've seen a few people knocking the attendance. Over 67,000 for a game against a team who are hardly box office, on a Monday night, when the schools are back - that is still very good in book.

about the attendance. Lots of kids starting (back at) school yesterday/today so it wasn't great timing.

I know it's never going to happen, but I wish they'd move some of these matches around the country a bit. No reason why the Etihad or St James' Park can't host a couple. Spread the love...

about the attendance. Lots of kids starting (back at) school yesterday/today so it wasn't great timing.

I know it's never going to happen, but I wish they'd move some of these matches around the country a bit. No reason why the Etihad or St James' Park can't host a couple. Spread the love...

Indeed. I live fairly locally and still didn't get home until a quarter to 11. I did see a few children at the game but I hope they didn't have school in the morning!

I do agree with moving the games around a little. Assuming ten games in a qualifying tournament, the majority should still be at Wembley but one each in (say) the North West, North East and Midlands is surely feasible.

Last night was better...played it with speed...Rashford stole the show...young hungry and bloody quick works every time.

Well not really. Otherwise we might as well play Adam Gemili.

Marcus Rashford is really good at football too - that helps.

Didn't watch the Malta game but thought we did alright last night in what was probably our toughest test of the campaign. Showed good character to recover from the early goal and gradually took control of the game. Slovakia barely threatened after scoring. Rashford was exciting and what I like about him is how positive he is, he's not afraid to take people on and have a shot from outside the box. Hope he doesn't lose that. It's really time we dropped Joe Hart though and started grooming Butland/Pickford before the World Cup.

I saw two lots of photos from last night. One lot was people queuing outside the ground to get in (some problem with printing off tickets apparently) and the second lot was people posting pictures of the ground not being full and complaining that the game should be played elsewhere.

I saw two lots of photos from last night. One lot was people queuing outside the ground to get in (some problem with printing off tickets apparently) and the second lot was people posting pictures of the ground not being full and complaining that the game should be played elsewhere.

Sounds pretty typical!

Gate E did seem very busy - I entered the stadium via Gate F and while we got through the turnstiles quickly, it was then a bit slow as there were two security people blocking entry. One was doing pat downs (fair enough), but the other was doing nothing but taking bottle caps off people. Seemed a bit of a waste of resource...

I see that Alli has been handed a fine & one match ban by FIFA after flicking his middle finger during the Slovakia match.

So we have officially qualified for the World Cup, but my days, what a dull performance. Granted there were a few key changes tonight, but that doesn't make up for it, nobody needs to fear us in Russia next year.

Pitch didn't look too clever either presumably due to the recent NFL game. I'd have thought the national football team was the priority, are the FA / stadium operators really that desperate for money?

Pitch didn't look too clever either presumably due to the recent NFL game. I'd have thought the national football team was the priority, are the FA / stadium operators really that desperate for money?

You need to ask that?

***** game, moments of flair by Rashford, but we're at the WC....but I very much doubt we'll be there for very long.

So we have officially qualified for the World Cup, but my days, what a dull performance. Granted there were a few key changes tonight, but that doesn't make up for it, nobody needs to fear us in Russia next year.

We have a lot of players who are very average and certainly not top international quality players. it's a shame it went tits up with Alladyce as he has a proven track record of putting out a disciplined hard to beat team, with that at least we'd have a chance of turning over a decent side. We need to accept our limitations and set up like an underdog in the world cup and stifle and frustrate. I know its a cliché but if Greece can win the euros we can win the world cup, its highly unlikely but is possible. Fans need to accept that it won't be pretty and we won't be dominant though

You need to ask that?

***** game, moments of flair by Rashford, but we're at the WC....but I very much doubt we'll be there for very long.

T'was tongue-in-cheek, MK....

Dire game, just surprised the crowd didn't all leave at half-time.

What a poor negative performance by England that was, I hate watching this keep ball type of football, no one trying to get into the box, no one trying to get in a descent cross or attack through midfield or channels, just keep ball across the back four and goalkeeper.

No wonder they can not sell tickets for England games at Wembley, if there was a highlight it was the guy running on and the paper planes being thrown on to the pitch.

England should be doing better than this, if they do not they will not be in Russia long.

Less and less fans are writting about England,because more and more fans are giving up!
This effort so far is no better his dads Roys ones.

Less and less fans are writting about England,because more and more fans are giving up!
This effort so far is no better his dads Roys ones.

Same old though isn't it, we get through a group we should get through with mostly uninspiring performances. I have zero expectation anymore of doing anything at tournaments if we get out of the group in Russia then I would say that is an achievement!

Back