• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 Ashes

Aussies have named their squad. The obligatory Marsh is in there and a bit of a scock with Tim Payne getting the wicket keeper slot as he only really started getting talked about in the last few days but apart from that fairly expected and standard.

Paine is a good keeper.

Struggled early on, as Haddin always got the nod.

Of late, Wade was thrown in because of his batting. Nevill is probably a better keeper but lesser batsman and, so I've read, doesn't chirp enough! :smile:

England team for the 1st Test :-
Alastair Cook
Mark Stoneman
James Vince
Joe Root (capt)
Dawid Malan
Jonny Bairstow (wk)
Moeen Ali
Chris Woakes
Stuart Broad
Jake Ball
James Anderson

No Aussie team yet, but they've mysteriously dropped Matt Renshaw!

Just had a bet on a 3-1 Australia win at odds of 5/1.

I sincerely hope it is the other way round of course!

We stand a good shot of not getting whitewashed, that's it.

No Stokes, no batting, facing up to Starc and Co..... Lambs to the slaughter

Our batting is just as good as the Aussie's if not better I would say. Cummins is a decent but inexperienced bowler. It wasn't all that long ago I watched Aus play SA and struggled to take a wicket for the whole day. We certainly don't have as much to fear as has been made out.

Tea 128 for 2

Cook c Handscomb b Starc 2
Stoneman b Cummins 53
Vince not out 72
Root not out 1
Extras 0

Total (55.0 overs) 128-for2

It wasn't all that long ago I watched Aus play SA and struggled to take a wicket for the whole day. We certainly don't have as much to fear as has been made out.

That'll be Elgar and Duminy's partnership, which completely changed that series, after the Aussies won the first couple of days.

Close 196 for 4, not a bad days batting

Batsman How Out Bowler Runs

Cook c Handscomb b Starc 2
Stoneman b Cummins 53
Vince run out (Lyon) 83
Root lbw b Cummins 15
Malan not out 28
Moeen not out 13
Extras 1nb 0w 1b 0lb 2

Total (80.3 overs) 196 for 4wickets

Yep, I'd take that.

How ironic that after all the concerns about our batting, it's Cook & Root that failed!

Big big first session tomorrow, if England get up to 400 then huge chance of a upset on the cards but if OZ take early wickets then 300 could seem a bit far off and that won't be enough and we will get beat. Moeen Ali v the new ball doesn't fill me with too much hope to be honest but we'll see.
Fabulous innings from Vince today and Malan is once again proving me wrong but either him or Moeen or Bairstow need to make a score and others need to back them up.
Positive start, please don't blow it.

Haven't got BT Sport anymore, as they wanted £28.99 a month for basically one channel, so haven't seen it.

Not good, I guess?

Buy a fire TV stick (£24.99 in black Friday sale) and install kodi then you'll get BT sport, so I've heard :winking:

Back