• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 Ashes

I see Ben Duckett is suspended after pouring a pint over Anderson's head. What with the Stokes fight and Bairstows headbutt on Cameron Bancroft. It's safe to say our professionals do like a dust up in a pub.

I wonder what Jimmy did/said to prompt that?

Banning Duckett from the tour for pouring a pint over someone seems like a ridiculous overreaction. Strauss' inexperience has been shown up with his mishandling of the Stokes, Bairstow and Duckett incidents. He's turned the latter two into far bigger incidents than they were.

Still it puts Duckett in good company of players banned by England:

1. Graham Gooch
2. Geoff Boycott
3. David Gower
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Alex Hales
6. Ben Stokes
7. Ian Botham
8. Alan Knott
9. Neil Foster
10. John Lever
11. Derek Underwood

Unchanged side for third test and the last at the Waca. I predict it will be over by the mid morning on the fourth day. Already last chance saloon for at least one player i.e. Vince and that's despite his decent knock at Brisbane. Just really hope Cook gets in the runs, don't want to see him go out on a low.

We're going to have to hurry up and find an opening batting partner for Mark Stoneman!

Yep, reverting back to type.

Lowish score for 4 wickets down and a middle order recovery.

It's what we do best!

Awful - I did not know about Strauss' wife. All the best to her.

I am hoping I am wrong, but I reckon I will wake up to see we have been bowled out for 350. Fingers crossed Bairstow can get is ton and Malan to carry on.

Don't you just love the optimism on here! I am expecting 450 tomorrow, can't see any reason why not. COYE

The new ball is only 8 overs in but hasn't done much all game. Should press the trigger after around the 20 overs mark and try for 500 never mind 450! Then, finally, our bowlers have their chance. Big day tomorrow as every day is in a ashes series and England need to show they have the balls to succeed.

Try for 550+ let alone 500.

FWIW Australia have conceded 500+ their last two matches here.

Oh my dear god. Putting the radio on whilst treating my patients clearly wasn't the right idea today. I reckon from hereon in a loss of a wicket followed by a total collapse after looking promise should be known as 'doing an England' in cricket worldwide.

Back