Likes Likes:  64
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Sacked Managers 2017/18

Leeds sack Thomas Christiansen after 8 months in charge.

If you include caretaker managers, Leeds are now looking for their 10th manager in just over 3 and half years (since Brian McDermott got sacked on 30th May 2014)

...... A quick check shows that Leeds have only had 2 managers (Simon Grayson & Kevin Blackwell that have managed to hold on to the reign for 100+ league games for them, since David O'Leary was sacked 16 years ago in June 2002..... In comparison, our last 3 managers have managed nearly 800 matches between them!

Talk about the "poison chalice".
    Last edited by mattitouk; 05-02-2018 at 12:52 AM.

Long may Leeds continue stumbling from one mess to another. Can't explain it but must have something to do with growing up in the 70's but I have a pathological hatred for Leeds United.

That said I have had some god weekends in Leeds when they host a test match. One particular day on the Western Terrace is still my favourite cricket day out.

Bradford have sacked McCall after they lost 6 matches in a row, including losses to relegation candidates Wimbledon, Oldham and Northampton. Whilst it's a bad run of form I'm surprised he wasn't given more time to turn things around given that they are still 6th.
    Southendkid is strong and tough and (the remainder of this signature has been deleted due to copyright issues)

Quote Originally Posted by rigsby View Post
    Long may Leeds continue stumbling from one mess to another. Can't explain it but must have something to do with growing up in the 70's but I have a pathological hatred for Leeds United.

That said I have had some god weekends in Leeds when they host a test match. One particular day on the Western Terrace is still my favourite cricket day out.
    Join the gang, absolutely hate Leeds.........But doesn't everybody, so the song goes

Especially after they scored late in the game at home when we were on our way down from the championship with a twice taken free kick..
    MAKE A DONATION TOWARDS THE RUNNING COSTS OF SHRIMPERZONE:

www.shrimperzone.com

Quote Originally Posted by southendkid View Post
    Bradford have sacked McCall after they lost 6 matches in a row, including losses to relegation candidates Wimbledon, Oldham and Northampton. Whilst it's a bad run of form I'm surprised he wasn't given more time to turn things around given that they are still 6th.
    We did say driving home from Peterborough he would be next. Especially as he had not long been given the dreaded 'vote of confidence'. In other words lose the next match and your sacked.

Share is a very strong word

Paul Heckingbotttom leaves Barnsley to join Leeds.

Listening to TalkSport radio earlier, the commentator said that Danny Cowley is the current favourite to take up the vacant managers position at Barnsley.

Cambridge United part ways with their manager Shaun Derry tonight after their 0-0 draw with Lincoln, as well as their Chief Executive resigns, all this just a few hours after they get a new owner. Big shake up for Cambridge by the sounds of it.

Russell Slade gone from Grimsby

Grimsby haven't won in 12 matches, I'm guessing prior to that they were up there in the promotion mix, as they are now still only 17th and 9th points clear of relegation.

Rosler from Fleetwood.

Similar position to what Southend were in. 7 straight defeats and one spot above relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by SUFCStu View Post
    Rosler from Fleetwood.

Similar position to what Southend were in. 7 straight defeats and one spot above relegation.
    I thought Rosler would probably move on last summer, so for that reason I had Fleetwood as my team that would drop the most places in L1.....Certainly never expected it if he stayed. Still you just never know in football.

I believe that Alan Pardew will be the next manager who will be sacked. His results so far are very bad and with the new regime on board I think they loose patience and push the panic button

Quote Originally Posted by BlueShrimp View Post
    I believe that Alan Pardew will be the next manager who will be sacked. His results so far are very bad and with the new regime on board I think they loose patience and push the panic button
    There is only one man who can save them and he is Southend Uniteds manager .