• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DG : Slaven. I had high hopes for you. But you're just like all the rest. You're no longer required. You're fired!!

* door slams *

DG : Right. We need to take our time to make the right appointment. Who have we got?
DS : Well, David Moyes is available.
DG : What's his recent record like?
KB : Well, he took over a club in the relegation zone last season and they got relegated.
DG : Doesn't sound like the right guy for us. I want Champions League football in less than 2 years!
DS : He's cheap.
DG : Right. Give me his number!

I think he's exactly what West Ham need, he still has plenty of time and the right attributes to finish the job Bilic has started and take them all the way to the bottom.

Marvellous stuff :happy:

A case of out of the frying pan into another frying pan.

Although I'm happy to see the downfall of Wet Spam.

I really don't see the point of sacking him now. I would have waited to see he how he got on against Watford, Leicester & Everton, before sacking him.

Never mind Moyes, I can't see any manager in the world coming in to turn it around & getting results from their December fixtures against Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal (twice) & Tottenham.

At least that way, the board could appease the fans of sacking a manager after a long run without a win.

It wouldn't surprise me if Moyes was gone by February / March. and another panic buy to bring in another manager to save them from relegation, when they have to face the same top teams again (Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City)

In other words their doomed. :thumbsup:

Moyes at West Ham and reportedly Allardyce set to be appointed by Everton until the end of the season. Seems like clubs are playing it safe and going for the same old experienced names rather than taking a chance on younger managers, which is only going to hold back young English managers even more. Would've liked to have seen Dyche given the Everton job as he deserves a crack at a bigger club, although I'm sure it won't be long before he moves on if he keeps going the way he is with Burnley.

Moyes at West Ham and reportedly Allardyce set to be appointed by Everton until the end of the season. Seems like clubs are playing it safe and going for the same old experienced names rather than taking a chance on younger managers, which is only going to hold back young English managers even more. Would've liked to have seen Dyche given the Everton job as he deserves a crack at a bigger club, although I'm sure it won't be long before he moves on if he keeps going the way he is with Burnley.

To be fair Big Sam is a good manager, despite taking charge of clubs in a relegation fight numerous times he's never actually been relegated. He's probably not what they need if they want to get Champions League football but he'll steady the ship for them.

To be fair Big Sam is a good manager, despite taking charge of clubs in a relegation fight numerous times he's never actually been relegated. He's probably not what they need if they want to get Champions League football but he'll steady the ship for them.

Yep. It would be good to see a big club like Everton give someone else a chance but they're in a spot of bother right now and Allardyce is as close to a guarantee of securing survival as you're going to get.

His new policy of only working about five months a year and still getting paid bucket loads is pretty admirable too.

He is also a very naughty boy on his second job since his transgression. Utter madness. I know this is pure fantasy but if managers couldn't be appointed in the same division from the club they last managed perhaps some more than capable names could test themselves at a higher level

Moyes : Everton, Sunderland, West Ham
Allardyce : West Ham, Sunderland, Everton

Who says it's a merry-go-round!

He is also a very naughty boy on his second job since his transgression. Utter madness. I know this is pure fantasy but if managers couldn't be appointed in the same division from the club they last managed perhaps some more than capable names could test themselves at a higher level

I don't really understand your idea, so when Mourinho got sacked by Chelsea he wouldn't have been able to get another club in the premier league despite being far better than most managers in the league? That doesn't seem fair, both on sacked managers and on clubs that may be forced to hire someone crap because the rules ban them from hiring a competent manager that will keep them up. Even if it did encourage promising managers to get a shot at the premier league under your suggested system they'd be banned from the premier league after 12 months when a trigger happy chairman sacks him.

Sam also quit Sunderland, he wasn't sacked, and he left as a success. Why shouldn't he get another job when he did well in his last one?

Back