• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pellegrino sacked by Southampton.

Bet they regret getting rid of Puel.

Pellegrino sacked by Southampton.

Bet they regret getting rid of Puel.

Amazed he lasted this long, Southampton have been awful all season and could easily be relegated given that Crystal Palace have been alright since Hodgson took over.

Palace may have verged on being alright once or twice but they still firmly in the relegation mix.

And Sol Campbell sits in the background moaning he can’t get a job!

Sol's a bit of an idiot the way he goes about playing the race card but in terms of management he does have a point. You have this merry-go-round of managers that continuously fail and keep getting work just a few months later

Why not take the chance on a young coach. Yeah he might fail but he might actually crack it

Get so fed up seeing the same washed up names getting work

Sol's a bit of an idiot the way he goes about playing the race card but in terms of management he does have a point. You have this merry-go-round of managers that continuously fail and keep getting work just a few months later

Why not take the chance on a young coach. Yeah he might fail but he might actually crack it

Get so fed up seeing the same washed up names getting work

There are plenty of young coaches out there, why shouldn't one of them be hired instead of Sol Campbell? Based on this interview he's not interested in doing coaching roles, why should someone not willing to get experience wherever he can get it be prioritised over someone that's made the effort to get experience doing less glamourous coaching roles before deciding they are ready for a manager role? His opinion that lower league managerial roles are not rocket science would set off alarm bells if I was a club owner looking for a new manager as well, he clearly has no idea how tough it is to be a manager.

"I don't want to go too low that it's a struggle, and I don't want to go too low that I'm under someone and thinking, 'What am I doing here?' I would rather be managing a club myself.

"I'm confident and it's not like it's rocket science to run a football club, especially when you get to that level.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sol-campbell-claims-clubs-scared-12071145

Not sacked but an odd one Karl Robinson has left Charlton. I know it’s been rumoured Oxford’s new owner wants him to take over there.

Back