• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tv or not TV?

• Total voters
The trouble is in the NFL, a away game is hardly a short jaunt away like it is sometimes when we play the inbreds or Orient, and we take big away support. NY Giants have to play 100s if not 1000s of miles away.

Whilst the shorter distances does increase the crowd its still a minority that attend. The most we could really take is 2000 to one or two games a season.

If you look at the average over the entire season away attendances compared to home are a fraction of our support.

Look at the Gillinham game, we took 1,027 by the look of it. Thats 6,000 home fans sat at home. Even if 500 had signed up to watch it that could be £3,000 of revenue. I doubt if it were available 500 would have stayed at home as away fans by their very nature would generally go to the games anyway.

Being able to view games online wouldnt have a massive effect on away attendances and would mean the 80% of people who dont attend would be tempted to spend money they never would normally.

Being able to view games online wouldnt have a massive effect on away attendances and would mean the 80% of people who dont attend would be tempted to spend money they never would normally.

Oh agreed, and I saw Judas Fry making a similar point on the BBC yesterday.

However if you decide to "follow" the away team instead of us when they play at RH how is that going to be stopped?

By limiting the subscription to your team only.

I guess this would rule out the one game pass though, or you could simply sign up on the opponents site for one game.

If there was an annual ticket for all your teams games though that could work.

As an overseas exiles I really love iFollow and think it's the best $185 AUD I've ever spent.

Doesn't beat being there though, I'd choose being at the ground every time if I could.

Back