• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No evidence whatsoever that this was Shrewsbury Town FC policy though (he says as this thread is about to run away with itself).

Children surely do what they are told in those situations.

There's history of this, including Stoke City wiping the ball dry for old dog's mess with the long throw, whilst deliberately not doing it for the oppo.

Perhaps they should do. Probably be in the Championship now if we hadn't let in late goals last season....

Indeed. We could be propping up the table like that side who scored in the last minute at our place! :winking:

And so it starts......

I was one of the 174 last night who made the trip to a place we've all been many times before, midweek, in the rain and in the knowledge we would have a patched up team. Interestingly, I didn't hear any "Brown Out"....

To put things in context, we've an injury list longer than your arm. It means we are woefully undermanned, with players out of position and three teenagers (one of which is, out of position). You can bemoan Brown's transfer policy, but I don't recall any one of you screaming your faces off when these players were brought in. And, in reality, the only old'un is Turner.

But, if you think Coker breaking his leg is Brown's fault. Who am I to tell you you're wrong? If you think Kightly is a bad signing, who am I to point at you and laugh? If you think Ranger having to be in bed at 7pm is Brown's fault. So be it. I don't recall demands that Kiernan not be signed. If you believe our entire defence being injured is down to Brown? Go fill your boots. We remain a small team trying to punch above our weight, and the reality is that top class twenty something players at the prime of their career who some of you think we should be signing, wont be coming here because they are top class twenty something players at the prime of their career and would rather be heading to Charlton or Wigan etc.....

On paper, we have an excellent team who could top this division. Sadly, at the moment, we don't have a team on paper we have a team in the treatment room.

So, to put that into context. Right now, it is an achievement to get eleven players on the pitch, let alone in the right place. Everything that could go wrong, has. BUT......

We went to the team top of the League and gave them a game. Yeah, we could have been 3 down at half time (decent stop by Oxley, intervention of the post), but second half we absolutely dominated and were desperately unlucky not to get something. Lady luck is currently out of town and with her is confidence in front of goal.

We played ok, considering. Elvis was wobbly, McG fairly quiet but Anton was way better (and mobile), Timlin got stuck in and Dimi had a decent game. On another day, that is a draw. I know a lot of you went to Charlton , and I think we were better last night than then.

What we need is to burgle a win from somewhere. Anywhere. Cox to grab a goal (he nearly did last night). Just something to kick start a season.

Well played, but you do realise this sort of honesty and commonsense will spoil the day for some people.

One of the chaps that sorts it all out on the day at Southend who is called Richard, certainly does not tell the kids to cheat.

Have a look on Saturday and our ball boys/girls will not waste time for either team, sure sometimes they are not quite paying attention and things go wrong but its not intentional.

I used to work at the same place as him years ago (and also when I was a steward for a couple of years at the same time), really nice guy and there's no way he would encourage any foul-play. As other people have said, any clubs that do should be ashamed of themselves.

I used to work at the same place as him years ago (and also when I was a steward for a couple of years at the same time), really nice guy and there's no way he would encourage any foul-play. As other people have said, any clubs that do should be ashamed of themselves.

My boy was a ball boy when we played Oldham last season. They were told to treat both teams the same but when we scored, one of the guys walked round and told them all to slow down giving the ball back

in fact I think JW has been a revelation since moving into the centre. Controlled and aggressive. What he lacks in inches that position, he seems to make up for in positioning more often than not. Wouldn't be surprised if clubs higher up look at him in the CB role. Really developed into a solid player there

I have read quite a bit on here about 'lack of height' so it may be worth pointing out that only Michael Turner (who seems to be an habitual sick note) is significantly taller. Of our other defenders only Rob Keirnan is taller than White by just over an inch. Therefore of those defenders available to PB so far this season, Anton and White (officially listed as the same height) are the tallest. It may also be worth mentioning that for me it's White who seems to get higher off the ground to out leap the opposition as demonstrated at Charlton.

I've definitely seen Demi telling ball boys to slow down at RH, but I don't think that's quite on the same level as what people are saying happened at Shrewsbury.

Yep as Blues Exile pointed out it was so blatant at Shrewsbury.

One of the chaps that sorts it all out on the day at Southend who is called Richard, certainly does not tell the kids to cheat.

Have a look on Saturday and our ball boys/girls will not waste time for either team, sure sometimes they are not quite paying attention and things go wrong but its not intentional.

Richard used to run teams at Trinity

My boy was a ball boy when we played Oldham last season. They were told to treat both teams the same but when we scored, one of the guys walked round and told them all to slow down giving the ball back

Well I don't condone it really for most games, but I'll make an exception for that Oldham game. We were being totally cheated by the referee in that one, were down to 10 men and then took the lead.

Back