Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Southend United vs Northampton Town

Retired Layabout Rootshallbloke's Avatar

Default Southend United vs Northampton Town

Crickey, Thursday already, not long now until Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink arrives at Roots Hall with Northampton Town in tow. Not a lot between the two teams on the points and table positions. Both clubs have 6 points with Northampton sitting two spots above us at 17th in the table.

Hopefully we will kick start our season with three points at their expense. As for team selection, I'm going with

Oxley

Demetriou White Ferdinand Hendrie

Kightly(if fit) Lenny Timlin McLaughlin

Cox Ranger

A bit tough on the youngsters, but I think Phil will give Elvis, Kyprianou and Dru a rest.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

I don't fancy any of our current CB options winning a header against Revell. Going to be another tough afternoon with 10 men behind the ball no doubt, with us unable to break down a Hasselbaink defensive unit. Come on Wordy, get out of that treatment room!

At least Matty Taylor has gone, a swear every free-kick of his went in against us.

Blimey these games are coming around quickly

Have the agree with RHB on the starting XI

A week ago I'd have said this was a definitive 3 points however Northampton seem to have hit form since JFH came in; with 2 wins and are above now us in the table, not so sure now...

Kightly won't be starting.

Retired Layabout Rootshallbloke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK View Post
    Kightly won't be starting.
    Definitely? ..............and if it is definite, then I would bring Elvis back in at right back and move Demi up to right half (old money term)
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

My mate who supports QPR reckons that J F H teams are pretty grim so it might be a tough game and one for the purists

Dean Austin is Hasselbaink's assistant so they will know the set up well.

1-1 with a lucky goal from Timlin.

Oxley
    Elvis
    Ferdinand
    Kyprianou
    Demetriou
    McLaughlin
    Leonard
    Timlin
    McGlashan
    Cox
    Ranger
    Who's this Rorschach guy and why is he so good at drawing pictures of my Dad beating me?

We need a win to lighten the mood at Roots Hall, but me thinks a draw is about what expect, the team, il wait a few days, some off our walking wounded may be back.

Woody ought to be approaching a fitness level sufficient for some game time so I hope he is in the squad.
    PB has suggested that we have been setting up for game as a 4 3 3 formation? And if he wants to do that again then use MAF or Theo in a 3 with Cox and Nile.

However I suspect RHB has called the correct PB starting line up if Kightly is fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo Giovanni View Post
    Woody ought to be approaching a fitness level sufficient for some game time so I hope he is in the squad.
    PB has suggested that we have been setting up for game as a 4 3 3 formation? And if he wants to do that again then use MAF or Theo in a 3 with Cox and Nile.

However I suspect RHB has called the correct PB starting line up if Kightly is fit.
    4-3-3 when attacking, 4-5-1 when defending.
    Who's this Rorschach guy and why is he so good at drawing pictures of my Dad beating me?

Its time our fortune started to turn, but my head says 0-0 and my heart says 1-0 to us !

Quote Originally Posted by meerkat54 View Post
    Its time our fortune started to turn, but my head says 0-0 and my heart says 1-0 to us !
    Agreed. He holds ball up well but needs to add more to his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Massimo Giovanni View Post

As I have said before, he wont be playing against Northampton.