• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Quoting OBL, above. "As I mentioned elsewhere on this forum, there was footage on Twitter after the Charlton game of a group of "lads" on a boat on the Thames going under Tower Bridge with a blue smoke bomb and singing Southend chants. Whilst that in itself is not illegal, I would have thought this group of lads are probably worth some scrutiny."

Actually it can be, if they were found in possession of a ticket to the game it could be argued that there was intent to take one to the game which is an offence. If the perpetrator was under 18 then he/she has committed an offence by simply being in possession in a public place when aged under 18.
In fact there are offences that can be committed which would, in normal everyday life, not be an offence but become so as soon as you leave your home with a ticket to a football match, mostly around travelling and alcohol.

It is illegal to let off a smoke bomb in a public place.

Its also actually illegal for an Under 18 to even carry a smoke bomb
http://www.fsf.org.uk/assets/Smoke-Bombs-Flares-and-Fireworks-Factsheet-for-FSF.pdf

2.4 It is also an offence for a person under the age of 18 to be found carrying a firework or flare in a public place. Smoke bombs have the Firework Standard label on them and will be classed as a firework. However, in contrast to legislation around football matches, no specific offence exists for adults caught carrying flares or fireworks in crowded places (such as festivals or concerts) unless it can be proven that they were carried with intent to cause injury.

The last part has also been changed now, they even made it illegal at music festivals this year
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2017/306/pdfs/uksiem_20170306_en.pdf

We are told that entering the field of play to celebrate goals etc is wrong. Yet we see constantly the likes of Leeds etc on tv piling on the pitch almost every game.

We get told the smoke bombs etc are wrong but again if you are on the various banter boards on face book etc there are countless videos of clubs up and down the country letting off smoke bombs.

This is something that happens every single matchday, if not at roots hall then elsewhere.

Just because it happens doesnt mean its allowed

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/lincoln-news/police-hunt-football-fan-who-387887

There's a few old boys near where I sit in the west stand and I've seen them get affected by smoke bombs. I don't get the thing with them, I don't think they're all that, but when I see some poor old blokes coughing their guts up and wheezing and having to leave the stand that doesn't seem right to me

But again, if it was legalised it wouldn't happen. No doubt these people would do it in another part of the ground. It's the urge to rebel against the law without what they think is no consequences to them.

Rubbish, it's been happening in Europe for years and very carefully organised in one part of the ground. There is no rebel element as they know what sort of repucussions would occur.

Rubbish, it's been happening in Europe for years and very carefully organised in one part of the ground. There is no rebel element as they know what sort of repucussions would occur.

It's illegal across Europe too, regardless of what you see on Sky Sports.

http://www.peppermintbars.co.uk/flares-and-smoke-bombs-into-football-matches/

Offenders are usually young adults, who may be unaware of the facts. Among supporters surveyed, 87% felt flares and smoke bombs are dangerous at matches, and 86% were concerned for their own safety or health. But although the majority (82%) knew it’s illegal to go to a UK stadium with flares or smoke bombs, more than half wrongly believed it’s legal in most of Europe.

I remember a time when surging down an open terrace was the done thing.....

And smoking in wooden stands........

....what could possibly go wrong?

We often used to puff away on our ciggies in the East Stand wooden seats many moons ago

Another Statement.

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/ne...mbs-will-not-be-tolerated-by-southend-united/

Southend United said:
A reminder that smoke bombs will not be tolerated by Southend United

A Southend United fan has been given a sizeable ban from attending home and away games after being found to be in possession of a smoke bomb at Doncaster Rovers.

We would like to once again remind supporters that such incidents will not be tolerated by the club at Roots Hall or at away grounds.

What would happen if 6,000 of us all took one in would they ban all the home support? just saying.....

Back