Likes Likes:  71
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Club statement

Quote Originally Posted by Cockle43 View Post
    Quoting OBL, above. "As I mentioned elsewhere on this forum, there was footage on Twitter after the Charlton game of a group of "lads" on a boat on the Thames going under Tower Bridge with a blue smoke bomb and singing Southend chants. Whilst that in itself is not illegal, I would have thought this group of lads are probably worth some scrutiny."

Actually it can be, if they were found in possession of a ticket to the game it could be argued that there was intent to take one to the game which is an offence. If the perpetrator was under 18 then he/she has committed an offence by simply being in possession in a public place when aged under 18.
    In fact there are offences that can be committed which would, in normal everyday life, not be an offence but become so as soon as you leave your home with a ticket to a football match, mostly around travelling and alcohol.
    It is illegal to let off a smoke bomb in a public place.

Its also actually illegal for an Under 18 to even carry a smoke bomb
    http://www.fsf.org.uk/assets/Smoke-B...et-for-FSF.pdf

2.4 It is also an offence for a person under the age of 18 to be found carrying a firework or flare in a public place. Smoke bombs have the Firework Standard label on them and will be classed as a firework. However, in contrast to legislation around football matches, no specific offence exists for adults caught carrying flares or fireworks in crowded places (such as festivals or concerts) unless it can be proven that they were carried with intent to cause injury.

The last part has also been changed now, they even made it illegal at music festivals this year
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...0170306_en.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2holes View Post
    We are told that entering the field of play to celebrate goals etc is wrong. Yet we see constantly the likes of Leeds etc on tv piling on the pitch almost every game.

We get told the smoke bombs etc are wrong but again if you are on the various banter boards on face book etc there are countless videos of clubs up and down the country letting off smoke bombs.

This is something that happens every single matchday, if not at roots hall then elsewhere.
    Just because it happens doesnt mean its allowed

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/ne...fan-who-387887

There's a few old boys near where I sit in the west stand and I've seen them get affected by smoke bombs. I don't get the thing with them, I don't think they're all that, but when I see some poor old blokes coughing their guts up and wheezing and having to leave the stand that doesn't seem right to me

Hector Of The House Benfleet A1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    But again, if it was legalised it wouldn't happen. No doubt these people would do it in another part of the ground. It's the urge to rebel against the law without what they think is no consequences to them.
    Rubbish, it's been happening in Europe for years and very carefully organised in one part of the ground. There is no rebel element as they know what sort of repucussions would occur.
    Lord, in your mercy please give my friend a stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Benfleet A1 View Post
    Rubbish, it's been happening in Europe for years and very carefully organised in one part of the ground. There is no rebel element as they know what sort of repucussions would occur.
    It's illegal across Europe too, regardless of what you see on Sky Sports.

http://www.peppermintbars.co.uk/flar...tball-matches/

Offenders are usually young adults, who may be unaware of the facts. Among supporters surveyed, 87% felt flares and smoke bombs are dangerous at matches, and 86% were concerned for their own safety or health. But although the majority (82%) knew itís illegal to go to a UK stadium with flares or smoke bombs, more than half wrongly believed itís legal in most of Europe.

I remember a time when surging down an open terrace was the done thing.....

And smoking in wooden stands........

....what could possibly go wrong?

X Factor Winner 1943 and PHB Tinks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Football View Post
    I remember a time when surging down an open terrace was the done thing.....

And smoking in wooden stands........

....what could possibly go wrong?
    We often used to puff away on our ciggies in the East Stand wooden seats many moons ago
    Sitting here learning to cook, passing the time away until SUFC have built a 4-sided stadium

Another Statement.

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/new...uthend-united/

Quote Originally Posted by Southend United
    A reminder that smoke bombs will not be tolerated by Southend United

A Southend United fan has been given a sizeable ban from attending home and away games after being found to be in possession of a smoke bomb at Doncaster Rovers.

We would like to once again remind supporters that such incidents will not be tolerated by the club at Roots Hall or at away grounds.

What would happen if 6,000 of us all took one in would they ban all the home support? just saying.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bess30 View Post
    What would happen if 6,000 of us all took one in would they ban all the home support? just saying.....
    Not that many stupid children. just replying......
    MAKE A DONATION TOWARDS THE RUNNING COSTS OF SHRIMPERZONE:

www.shrimperzone.com

The club would get a huge fine and we'd probably play a number of matches behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnasty View Post
    Not that many stupid children. just replying......
    Haha Watch it continue!

Haha Watch it continue!
    What lifetime bans and criminal records?

Haha Watch it continue!
    What's your point, that we have lots more idiots who put themselves before the club and our fans and then cRy about it " it's not fare" when they get a ban ?
    Last edited by united we stand; 13-10-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Dady View Post
    Anyone taking a smoke bomb to Doncaster away deserves a lifetime ban imo