• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will Atkinson

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Here's Will in the pre season friendly against Sheff Wed. From reports Will had a stinker, Gary Hooper did well when he had the ball.

[video=youtube;caANAxGJ6QI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caANAxGJ6QI[/video]

I saw Will walking along Southend Seafront yesterday.

Maybe he is making a swift return!

He's one of those players who when he is no longer in the side, you realise what he was contributing.

I saw Will walking along Southend Seafront yesterday.

Maybe he is making a swift return!

Probably covering for Deme the Deckchair man who hasn't been so good this summer.

Staying in Lincoln for the weekend and today saw Mansfield win at Lincoln. Hoped to see more of Will than a few minutes as a sub as Millers saw out an away win. And didn't that rotund florid manager celebrate the win! For me Will cut a forlorn figure as he had a warm down after a fleeting appearance. Couldn't help thinking that he would have played the majority of our matches this season as it has turned out. Very impressed with the Lincoln CBs. Raggett has signed for Norwich but the other fellow, Rob Dickie, on loan from Bristol City, was superb. Why, oh why, do we not find these players. Offered Dickie over Turner I would plump for the former every time. PB should be tracking him now.

Last edited:
Staying in Lincoln for the weekend and today saw Mansfield win at Lincoln. Hoped to see more of Will than a few minutes as a sub as Millers saw out an away win. And didn't that rotund florid manager celebrate the win! For me Will cut a forlorn figure as he had a warm down after a fleeting appearance. Couldn't help thinking that he would have played the majority of our matches this season as it has turned out. Very impressed with the Lincoln CBs. Raggett has signed for Norwich but the other fellow, Rob Dickie, on loan from Bristol City, was superb. Why, oh why, do we not find these players. Offered Dickie over Turner I would plump for the former every time. PB should be tracking him now.
Because PB is giving our own youngsters a chance and hasnt bought any loanees in to warm our bench this season as of yet .

Strange one with will. He obviously dropped a league for more football and has ended up playing less.

Shame as he was a great team player

Danny Cowley is a cut above most lower league managers. His judgement of players and knowledge of the game is superb and he knows how to get the best out of players on a tight budget. I hope Ron Martin is keeping tabs on him just in case PB decides to move on at some point.

Danny Cowley is a cut above most lower league managers. His judgement of players and knowledge of the game is superb and he knows how to get the best out of players on a tight budget. I hope Ron Martin is keeping tabs on him just in case PB decides to move on at some point.

It'd be nice but the Cowleys are contracted until 2021 and Lincoln's board hold them in very high regard so I don't think they'd let him move to us unless we paid their contract out in full, and we probably can't afford that at the moment.

What makes you say that? Not suggesting the Cowley's haven't done well but Lincoln had one of the larger budgets in the conference last season which goes against your theory. It's early days but they aren't setting league 2 on fire which if they were that great they would be wouldn't they?

Does look like its not working out for him, but when people are always criticising players for wanting more money or to play higher up I dont see any problem with him moving to get more football, because he would only ever have been a squad player here.

The fact he seems to be only a squad player there at moment isnt something he could have seen.

Brief subs appearance yesterday .... but Mansfield score the winner 2 minutes after he came on. Co-incidence or excellent substitution from Evans? :omg:

Back