• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will Atkinson

:stunned:

Explains why he can't get off the bench then.

Would take him back here as a squad option to be fair and can only wish him the best after what he did here.

Seems to have finally "forced" his way into the team - good luck to him - looks to be heading towards the play-offs where his experience may be valuable to Mansfield. :thumbsup:

Even at this-HIS-level,he’s being kept on the bench again.

Really liked Atkinson and gutted his career has gone downhill since leaving. He was so underrated and under appreciated during his time with us.

And I’ll take the abuse for saying it, but I’d still have him back here.

Really liked Atkinson and gutted his career has gone downhill since leaving. He was so underrated and under appreciated during his time with us.

And I’ll take the abuse for saying it, but I’d still have him back here.

I doubt you’ll get much abuse, he was quality.

Atko and Thommo have both got a further year on their contracts at Mansfield and Bury respectively so they are likely to be getting more money (wages) than they were offered for the one year if they had stayed with us.
Their careers have had a poor year, but their bank balance will be some compensation; they also have a year of certain paid employment ahead.
If, and when Atko does move on over the summer he will likely start a new 2 year deal. At his level he is doing the best he can to be playing regularly and earning regularly.
There are others, such as Gary Deegan, who are also journeymen footballers, taking the moving around as all part of lower league professional game and knowing that aside from an epic cup run they will, if lucky, flirt with a promotion challenge and have to eek out a good living playing a game for a job until the body lets it go.

ha ha was a good player here eh, bet he regrets his move now, possibly all down hill from here:sad:

I feel the same. Having dropped down a league by choice and not getting much football there to anybody watching it does appear a player slipping through the leagues... Another League Two club is still a good possibility but if not the next stop is National League.

Not a chance he will drop that low ^. Expect him to be one of the first Brown signings at Swindon. Will was a lovely bloke, and I do feel really sorry for players when they're on their way down after reaching highs, such a short earning career. Good luck Will!

Weren't there rumours that he didn't get on very well with PB by the end? And if I remember correctly some not particularly kind words from PB about Atkinson's handling of his departure. Suspect he'll have plenty of suitors other than Swindon though.

Sent off after 43 minutes, costing Mansfield a good chance of 3 points away against Phil Brown’s struggling Swindon. 10 men Mansfield hung on for a 0-0 draw.

Straight red carded against Phil Brown's Swindon today

Back