• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No matter who the personnel are, the team needs to have a blend of pace, hard work, flair, height and creativity.

Therefore, my ideal starting XI would be -

Oxley

White Ferdinand Turner Coker

Kightly Wordsworth Leonard McLaughlin

Ranger Cox

Subs -

Smith, Wright, Kiernan, Hendrie, McGlashan, Robinson, Timlin

No matter who the personnel are, the team needs to have a blend of pace, hard work, flair, height and creativity.

I'm not convinced we need players who still wear flares....it's a bit too 1970's for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oxley
Demetriou, Ferdinand, Kiernan, Coker
Kightly, Leonard, Wordsworth, McLaughlin
Cox, Ranger

Turner and Wright could possibly be in there too if they're decent.

Oxley
.........White
Kiernan ....Ferdinand
........Leonard
Demetriou Wordsworth Wright Coker
Ranger Cox

Therefore, my ideal starting XI would be -

Oxley

White Ferdinand Turner Coker

Kightly Wordsworth Leonard McLaughlin

Ranger Cox

Subs -

Smith, Wright, Kiernan, Hendrie, McGlashan, Robinson, Timlin

Replace "height" with "tenacity" and you've made a good attempt to define the player you've completely forgotten:Jason Demetriou ! So White competes for a place on the bench.

Replace "height" with "tenacity" and you've made a good attempt to define the player you've completely forgotten:Jason Demetriou ! So White competes for a place on the bench.

I knew I'd forgotten someone! Too many JD's when posting... obviously omitted a JD from the squad... :winking:

I think I would probably still rather White at RB on current form (although JD did have a great game on Saturday).

JD on bench instead of Tims.

I'm not sure our best 11 players equate to the best balanced team. I actually think that PB has a very good squad now with cover for injuries and the need to rest players.

Goalkeeper- Oxley

Back four- White/Ferdinand/Turner/Coker =what I'd say are our best players but see a distinct lack of pace and mobility in the CB's. With Ferdinand needing to rest to keep him fit and at his best I'd suggest that we always have an experienced head at the back with either him or Turner. There will be games they can play together as well. I think Kiernan should probably be the constant but I see a lot of potential in Kyprianou, very mobile and very strong!

Midfield - Kightly/Wordsworth/Leonard/McLaughlin - Kightly, Woody and Leonard are in hands down McLaughlin has clear quality but can be anonymous. We do tend to be a bit exposed when we play two wingers as well, I do see the benefits of PB's lop-sided system (which also allows us to play an attacking full back like Demi). Again we have options and now we have Wright we really don't need to play Wordsworth through niggling injuries etc.

Strikers- Ranger/Cox- Cox is out of form but once he gets his mojo back and starts gambling on Nile winning the ball more often I think we have a top quality strike force. The back up worries me though, I like Fortune and he can be the hold up man when Nile isn't available but I don't see anyone prolific. The best I've seen of Theo was the cameo he made Saturday on the wing.

It seems everyone has pretty much the same 11. I reckon pretty much all of us will have a different opinion come the end of the season though. A lot of competition for places (except strikers) and a few players who look capable of making their mark if the get ample opportunity.

Back