• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

bess30

First XI
Fleetwood this weekend? Very long trip I am tempted but how many will we take? It's a ground I haven't done so any feed back on the place/ground etc will be much appreciated

It is unique in so far it has two stands on the same side.... one in front of the other.

The older one is listed, so cannot be demolished. They worked their way around it by building the new one in front of it!

Fleetwood this weekend? Very long trip I am tempted but how many will we take? It's a ground I haven't done so any feed back on the place/ground etc will be much appreciated
Not a bad place, very easy street parking, you can park up in Blackpool and go to Fleetwood on the tram if that sort of thing interests you. Also a very decent bar up the other end of the ground that always let's away fans in.
Blackpool illuminations are also on so if you want to hang around after the match or even stay overnight then that's something else to tick off if you have never been before.
As for how many we will take, I think 250 will be a good turnout.

This will be our fourth trip, i know it is a bit of a trek, 10 hours in the car but such a nice friendly place. Great bar, friendly people to speak too and a good view from the seats with plenty available as most go on the standing terrace.

Captain Pugwash theme is played when they score, with a dancing fish on the big screen, so hope for 1-5 scoreline for the spectacle of it.

What you only want to hear the Captain Pugwash theme played once then :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Have we ever won there?

Sadly not but remember Straker had a perfectly good goal disallowed a few years ago and had it counted we would have won.

Also our late match defensive tactics cost us a win last season.

Never lost there though...........

My only away trip last season. Frank Nouble assisted them for the equaliser, his most significant contribution for us. Decent ground and facilities, the Strawberry Gardens is a good pub nearby with real ales.

Fancy us to nick a win at last (famous last words!).

Would love to have knocked off one of 13 grounds as yet unvisited.
But can't get there and back in the same day from exile here in the south-west. However, if other Blues are going north, saw there's a Fleetwood hotel or two offering £30 a night for those seeking a bit of September seaside.

First game of the season for me being a north-west exile. Been twice before (both 1-1 draws), it's a smart little ground and one of the few away terraces in the league. There's a clubhouse where away fans are allowed and it's pretty relaxed overall, it's not like we'll have a massive following.

Ive realised i'm fishing in Lancaster on Sat night, its just whether i get away from work on time to get to Fleetwood for the kick off. Cant see me leaving home till 10.30am.. that's cutting it extremely tight but i'd love to see the boys play seeing as i'm going all that way. I need to park up real quick though and get in there.

Ive realised i'm fishing in Lancaster on Sat night, its just whether i get away from work on time to get to Fleetwood for the kick off. Cant see me leaving home till 10.30am.. that's cutting it extremely tight but i'd love to see the boys play seeing as i'm going all that way. I need to park up real quick though and get in there.

"I've just realised" sounds like the kind of thing you'd say to your missus - surely you've had this trip planned since the fixtures came out?!

Back