• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For a "dead woman walking", she's lasting rather well, isn't she?
George Osborne was of course the person using the phrase 'dead woman walking' so I assume he was basing that on some inside information.

This new gossip is coming from the Tory press too so again we can only assume that party insiders have been talking.

Everything comes down to Brexit though. Everything else just hangs in there till the deal is done or undone.

George Osborne was of course the person using the phrase 'dead woman walking' so I assume he was basing that on some inside information.

This new gossip is coming from the Tory press too so again we can only assume that party insiders have been talking.

Everything comes down to Brexit though. Everything else just hangs in there till the deal is done or undone.

The reason for the delays and constant project, what about the Irish border, fear is because we have a PM who doesn't believe in Brexit and JC who does.

Shame for him personally that he is bullied by extremists in his own party. If he followed his life long believes then he would have half a chance. Until then the 'dead woman walking' can continue her aimless meander through the Brexit minefield until the new boy takes over and crushes yesterdays man in the next GE.

The reason for the delays and constant project, what about the Irish border, fear is because we have a PM who doesn't believe in Brexit and JC who does.

Shame for him personally that he is bullied by extremists in his own party. If he followed his life long believes then he would have half a chance. Until then the 'dead woman walking' can continue her aimless meander through the Brexit minefield until the new boy takes over and crushes yesterdays man in the next GE.
Corbyn leads a party who around 70% voted Remain but have MPs in a significant amount of areas voted Leave. So your insistence that he goes full Leave would alienate a majority of its votes so doesn’t make sense. To accept the result but propose that we try to maintain the benefits of the EU does make sense as it is less likely to alienate either side, and as Labour are not in government they can afford to retain flexibility.

May on the other hand is in government – she paid the DUP £1bn for a majority in the Commons and is now creating new peers for a majority in the Lords. So its all down to her and unless there is another GE its all in her hands not JC’s.

Who is the new boy who will take over and crush yesterday’s man?

Whatever the question ,the answer is always Brexit.:smile:

The reason why the Tory government (and possibly Labour) might be reluctant to prescriptively ban the use of inflammable cladding -as I understand it-is down to what Dominic Raab on QT called " a technical issue".Namely that future improvements might be able to make such cladding safe.Diane Abbott was quite right to call him out on this. That is the situation now.We are where we are.

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-politics-44163731/grenfell-abbott-and-raab-on-cladding-ban

Didn't she speak well on the programme!!! - utterly cringe worthy, she can hardly get a sentence out. Every time she opened her mouth the audience shook their heads or laughed or both.
like some have said, she is the tories best hope of staying in power.

Didn't she speak well on the programme!!! - utterly cringe worthy, she can hardly get a sentence out. Every time she opened her mouth the audience shook their heads or laughed or both.

I thought she was being particulary careful with her articulation and also what she said.Certainly not the DA I remember of old.Could be she still has a problem with her diabetic medication.

she is a poor performer these days but in the case of Windrush she told Theresa May exactly what the outcome of her policies would be in 2014 and May ignored her - Joe Public will be picking up all of those large compensation bills, just like we do for all of the DWP and disability court cases and May throwing away a Parliamentary majority.

I thought she was being particulary careful with her articulation and also what she said.Certainly not the DA I remember of old.Could be she still has a problem with her diabetic medication.

Poor excuse. You and I both have type 2, you just get on with it and it doesn't effect the way you think or speak as you very well know.

she is a poor performer these days but in the case of Windrush she told Theresa May exactly what the outcome of her policies would be in 2014 and May ignored her - Joe Public will be picking up all of those large compensation bills, just like we do for all of the DWP and disability court cases and May throwing away a Parliamentary majority.

Still at least we wont be picking up the bill form Italy. I don't suppose you have heard but they are going to fast track the deportation of 500,000 illegal immigrants. They are fed up with coast guards and charities dumping them on Italian soil, so look out Spain.

Better than that they want the rest of the EU to pay £250 billion of their debt. That would be £10,000 for every British tax payer. Here's the really good news.....Founding members Italy have the 4th largest economy in the EU but their debt is....£1.6 trillion. That would be £65,000 for every tax payer in Britain. That's without adding up Greece Spain Portugal and Ireland. The EU is the greatest financial disaster in the history of mankind.

Would love to hear how the Labour party or you remainers will deal with that.

Poor excuse. You and I both have type 2, you just get on with it and it doesn't effect the way you think or speak as you very well know.

True.But if you're tired (and perhaps not taking your medication or getting enough exercise) it can affect you adversely.Something's clearly not been right with DA for a while now.

Still at least we wont be picking up the bill form Italy. I don't suppose you have heard but they are going to fast track the deportation of 500,000 illegal immigrants. They are fed up with coast guards and charities dumping them on Italian soil, so look out Spain.

Better than that they want the rest of the EU to pay £250 billion of their debt. That would be £10,000 for every British tax payer. Here's the really good news.....Founding members Italy have the 4th largest economy in the EU but their debt is....£1.6 trillion. That would be £65,000 for every tax payer in Britain. That's without adding up Greece Spain Portugal and Ireland. The EU is the greatest financial disaster in the history of mankind.

no, not heard about that at all

I think you will find you have used just sections of a story to get a point across

The anti establishment and far right party 5 star league (Please donot confuse with 5 star ex pop group from Romford) has put this in a draft programme the parties are working on

Many countries would like EU to pay things but not necessary will do

Just to give a balanced view

UTS

I think you will find you have used just sections of a story to get a point across

The anti establishment and far right party 5 star league (Please donot confuse with 5 star ex pop group from Romford) has put this in a draft programme the parties are working on

Many countries would like EU to pay things but not necessary will do

Just to give a balanced view

UTS

I know the EU cant pay it. They couldn't pay any of the debt. The point is in Italy alone they have run enormous debts that the EU and you remainers have no solution for.

The bizarre thing is some of you would allow the criminal enterprise centred in Brussels, continue to ruin our childrens future

True.But if you're tired (and perhaps not taking your medication or getting enough exercise) it can affect you adversely.Something's clearly not been right with DA for a while now.

Yes, I think you are onto something here Barna, my guess is her Doctor has told to take one tablet every day per week, and Diane has worked that out to 450 tablets :smile:

The EU and the eurozone are two distinct entities.. the EU doesn’t have the funds to bail out a small puddle ..
The eurozone and euro is very much under the control of the ECB and national governments (and their central banks)
I know Europe is a bit EU friendly but even they are not mad enough to put them in charge of something important like a country’s currency...
in fact even the ECB is overrated in any euro crisis. Germany will decide what happens in Italy as Germany pays the bills and gives the whole ****eshow its credibility ..
Either way it’s all destined to fail, it’s just a question of when.
Italy should leave the euro immediately, should have done so years ago.. default on its debt (hardly a new concept for them) and enjoy life with a currency worth approx 2/3,s of what it is now

The EU and the eurozone are two distinct entities.. the EU doesn’t have the funds to bail out a small puddle ..
The eurozone and euro is very much under the control of the ECB and national governments (and their central banks)
I know Europe is a bit EU friendly but even they are not mad enough to put them in charge of something important like a country’s currency...
in fact even the ECB is overrated in any euro crisis. Germany will decide what happens in Italy as Germany pays the bills and gives the whole ****eshow its credibility ..
Either way it’s all destined to fail, it’s just a question of when.
Italy should leave the euro immediately, should have done so years ago.. default on its debt (hardly a new concept for them) and enjoy life with a currency worth approx 2/3,s of what it is now

Sorry, while perhaps I might agree with you that Italy shouldn't have been allowed to join the Eurozone,it is however the Eurozone's third largest economy.As such,there's absolutely no chance of Italy following the UK out of the EU or of the EU breaking up following the UK's departure, any time soon, if ever.Indeed the funds the UK will have to pay in order to get a Brexit deal will probably come in handy to manage Italy's debt crisis or at least pay towards the 12.5 billion Euros Italy owes the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...on-set-to-name-political-novice-as-pm-nominee

Sorry, while perhaps I might agree with you that Italy shouldn't have been allowed to join the Eurozone, there's absolutely no chance of Italy following the UK out of the EU or of the EU breaking up following the UK's departure, any time soon if ever.Indeed the funds the UK will have to pay in order to get a Brexit deal will probably come in handy to manage Italy's debt crisis.

Italy have the EU's biggest debt At £1.6 trillion. I know those stylish hand made loafers and matching vespa cost a few bob but someone has had their fingers in the Italian till.

If interest is just 3% that's about £50 billion per year alone. Once we go who's going to put their hands in their pockets.... Spain?

Italy have the EU's biggest debt At £1.6 trillion. I know those stylish hand made loafers and matching vespa cost a few bob but someone has had their fingers in the Italian till.

If interest is just 3% that's about £50 billion per year alone. Once we go who's going to put their hands in their pockets.... Spain?

See post 224 above.What on earth does this have to do with Mrs May btw? :unsure:

Back