• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So its a labour policy enacted by a tory government?

Please don't try and play party politics on this disgraceful issue.The Tories have been in power since 2010.AS *** pointed out to you,the key change in direction here was the 2014 Immigration Act.The Tories and May in particular,as Home Secretary at the time own that.As they do for their hateful campaign against illegal immigrants (remember that "Go Home" van in London?).Forgetting, of course, that the Windrush generation (in the UK since 1948 and afterwards) are in the UK quite legally.

Incidentally 6 Labour MPs voted against that 2014 Act.Two of them were Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell.

Please don't try and play party politics on this disgraceful issue.The Tories have been in power since 2010.AS *** pointed out to you,the key change in direction here was the 2014 Immigration Act.The Tories and May in particular,as Home Secretary at the time own that.As they do for their hateful campaign against illegal immigrants (remember that "Go Home" van in London?).Forgetting, of course, that the Windrush generation (in the UK since 1948 and afterwards) are in the UK quite legally.

Incidentally 6 Labour MPs voted against that 2014 Act.Two of them were Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell.

I agree that it's disgraceful......the fact only 6 Labour Mps voted against the bill tells us that Johnson is probably telling the truth when he claims that the idea was formed under a Labour government.

So I think holding both parties to account is wholly reasonable.

I agree that it's disgraceful......the fact only 6 Labour Mps voted against the bill tells us that Johnson is probably telling the truth when he claims that the idea was formed under a Labour government.

So I think holding both parties to account is wholly reasonable.
maybe you could give a breakdown from your perspective between 2009 and 2018 on how you feel that the two parties are equally at fault. If you look at how this fiasco has developed over that time and Theresa May's various statements you may conclude that the onus of responsibility is very much weighted towards one party - or even to an individual.
I'd be interested to read your thoughts on that.

The 'Go Home' vans - Nick Timothy claims May was on holiday and knew nothing about them - but who would run a department where they are so disrespected that staff make policy behind your back? Now a former senior Home Office official says that Theresa May personally intervened to ensure "the controversial "go home or face arrest" immigration vans were "toughened up".

Update - Nick Timothy has deleted his Twitter account. I guess he is feeling less confident about his version of events.

Yes that was disgraceful. Illegals can make great tenants as the always pay cash and never claim to 'know their rights' like some whinging degree educated snowflake.

The best labourer I have ever employed was 'Pedro' the Albanian. Fantastic bloke, strong as an Ox. I even guested a few times for Albania in 5-a-side down at the Chase.

I never did master in the most basic football terms. Anyone know what man on is in Albanian? However I did enjoy the comments from the opposition....."Here mate how about losers wash our windscreens after". Its wonderful to smile and nod like a stupid foreigner, then stick your studs in their Achilles one minute later....After all its what they expect

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-hostile-environment-hurt-windrush-generation

In today's news, it's quite clear that the Tory government had been aware for years that the "hostile enviroment"which they'd created, had been harmful for the Windrush generation.This issue's not going to go away with just an apology here and there.

Don't worry, there's now a Stephen Lawrence day so the Tories can yell "look, we're not we're not racists!" from the roof tops despite illegally deporting a number of British nationals who just happen to have dark skin.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-43902599

It seems fairly clear to me that if it's proved that the Home Office had (regional) targets for the removal of migrants,going back to at least 2015,if not beforehand, then the Home Secretary should resign.There seems llttle doubt (in my mind at last) that the whole Windrush scandal is tied up with the Tories ridiculous and artificial immigration target of keeping numbers down to the tens of thousands,a policy decision which led them to target both legal immigrants (like the Windrush generation and their descendants) as well as illegal ones.

Last edited:
So with Rudd gone from the Home Office, that increases the size of the pro-EU awkward squad on the Conservative back benches.

And maybe more of the Windrush anger will start to be directed at May....

So with Rudd gone from the Home Office, that increases the size of the pro-EU awkward squad on the Conservative back benches.

And maybe more of the Windrush anger will start to be directed at May....
the Windrush issues come to a head with May's 2014 Immigration Act - an act which the current Labour front bench warned May about the effect on British citizens and were ignored. The 'hostile atmosphere' promoted by the Conservatives and the crudeness of the 'Go Home' buses came from May. Rudd has lied and been caught out lying but the architect of these issues is May. Rudd has been a human shield for May, it might be that one resignation is enough of a gesture or it may be that the real cause of the issue needs to step aside - but that is the current PM.

Home Secretary Amber Rudd quitting is the fourth member of the cabinet to quit in 6 months.

Also: Tory Mayor of Wokingham has had to quit over far right connections.

Also in the space of a week there were 10 Tory Councillor candidates suspended for a variety of reasons ranging from Islamophobia and anti-Semitism, sexist comments, anti disability comments, and physical violence.

Home Secretary Amber Rudd quitting is the fourth member of the cabinet to quit in 6 months.

Also in the space of a week there were 10 Tory Councillor candidates suspended for a variety of reasons ranging from Islamophobia and anti-Semitism, sexist comments, anti disability comments, and physical violence.

That is in John Redwood's constituency. Knock me down with a feather.

Don't get me started on the brown envelope Conservative's on RDC :angry::angry::angry:

Excellent news. She was only going to secretly allow migrants from the EU to have full access including benefits in order to secure a trade deal. Lets hope the next Home Secretary does what the vast majority of the public, including remainers, want.

If we can't control our borders then no trade deal. Its obvious we can't add to the problem otherwise mistakes like the Windrush generation will continue to happen.

Excellent news. She was only going to secretly allow migrants from the EU to have full access including benefits in order to secure a trade deal. Lets hope the next Home Secretary does what the vast majority of the public, including remainers, want.

If we can't control our borders then no trade deal. Its obvious we can't add to the problem otherwise mistakes like the Windrush generation will continue to happen.

Javid voted Remain.

Javid voted Remain.
and for May's 2014 Immigration Act that caused the main Windrush issues. Tarnished before he has started - but then they all are. His recent work in housing doesn't provide a great reference - all of the Grenfell promises came to nothing - that is one mess he won't mind walking away from.

He probably should not bandy around insults such as 'neo-fascist' any more as he will now be in charge of policing actual neo-fascists.

Javid voted Remain.

One glance at Kinnocks and how they rinsed the country for £10m and most MP's would vote remain. What a lovely number to fall back on when you fail as an MP.......Wouldn't you ?

One glance at Kinnocks and how they rinsed the country for £10m and most MP's would vote remain. What a lovely number to fall back on when you fail as an MP.......Wouldn't you ?

How much has BoJo, Farage & Co "rinsed" the company for? Farage could never get elected as a MP could he, even standing in the most anti-Eu constiuency going.

Back