Likes Likes:  129
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Theresa May - Dead woman walking?

Retired Layabout Rootshallbloke's Avatar

Default Theresa May - Dead woman walking?

The old adage of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer appears to have finally backfired for Theresa May where Boris Johnson is concerned. I don't pay anywhere near as much attention to politics as I used to, but it does look as if Theresa has lost a lot of confidence and respect since the election fiasco where she was going to win by a landslide. Now she doesn't appear to be able to control the jokers in her deck, and I do wonder whether she will make it to the next election. On current performance it is looking more and more unlikely.

Mrs RHB saw her a bit of her Canada visit on the news last night and commented that she looks at her most comfortable when she is doing ceremonial stuff with designer clothes and well styled hair. Tellingly, she didn't have any comment on May's political capability, and now I think of it, neither do I. Maybe a good Brexit result for her may save the day.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Actually, it doesn't matter who is in charge, they're in an impossible position. They're mandated to carry Brexit through the process (even though it becomes clearer day by day that it is waaaay more complicated than they told us*) and she is the person who will be responsible for that and whom history will judge. At the very best she will deliver something most people wont like or wont agree with or don't want. A no win situation.

On that basis, no sensible politician would want to challenge her ahead of those negotiations being completed and agreements signed. The next Prime Minister will (in their eyes) be over-seeing the post Brexit land of milk of honey where they can demonstrate an improvement and history will judge them well. So the time to make a challenge isn't now, it is in about a year.

And that's probably what Boris has his eye, because, despite everything we may think about him. He isn't stupid.

It would be a jolly jape if she resigned, but that wont happen because they do so like a bit of power these politician people.

* if only they'd listened to experts.

I thought this thread was going to be about her physical appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by londonblue View Post
    Yeah why doesn`t she stand up bloody straight ?
    The Beer Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyBlue View Post
    Dead woman stooping?

On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the shops)

She walks like Nosferatu.
    Twitter: @RobertFox278 SIMPLICITER SE NUNQUAM DIMISIT

Quote Originally Posted by C C Csiders View Post
    She walks like Nosferatu.
    Dead woman stooping?
    And there we have it. Comments on her shape and **** all on her political capability. Says it all really Theresa if you're reading this.

She's been dead for a while, Boris is making noise but I doubt he or anyone else will actually call for a new leader yet because Brexit is shaping up to be a car crash, it's safer for the other Tories to let May be the fall guy for that and the next leader can pledge to clean up 'her' mess.
    Southendkid is strong and tough and (the remainder of this signature has been deleted due to copyright issues)

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

It's a diabetic thing?

Brexit negotiations have been moved to accommodate her speech in Florence - this is her big moment, she has arranged it so that all eyes are on her as they were in the snap election - maybe she has learned from that and has something to say that will put the country on course for something big and positive. Big moment for Theresa - fingers crossed she has a rabbit to pull out of the bag......

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Trust a woman to have to clear up a f****** huge mess created by blokes and to know she's going to get absolutely sod all thanks for it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlueLady View Post
    Trust a woman to have to clear up a f****** huge mess created by blokes and to know she's going to get absolutely sod all thanks for it!!!
    If you want to start a thread about Ron's cleaner go ahead, but here we are discussing Theresa May...............x

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Another Surrey Shrimper View Post
    If you want to start a thread about Ron's cleaner go ahead, but here we are discussing Theresa May...............x
    I know EXACTLY who we're discussing!

And that's where my opening post kicked off. I'm not sure large chunks of her Cabinet trust her to do the 'huge mess clearance' thing. I don't know whether she can or can't because since she has been PM I don't think I have seen her do anything of note. That's not a swipe, it's an observation by the way.

Pubey

Did you vote for brexit?