• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
The old adage of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer appears to have finally backfired for Theresa May where Boris Johnson is concerned. I don't pay anywhere near as much attention to politics as I used to, but it does look as if Theresa has lost a lot of confidence and respect since the election fiasco where she was going to win by a landslide. Now she doesn't appear to be able to control the jokers in her deck, and I do wonder whether she will make it to the next election. On current performance it is looking more and more unlikely.

Mrs RHB saw her a bit of her Canada visit on the news last night and commented that she looks at her most comfortable when she is doing ceremonial stuff with designer clothes and well styled hair. Tellingly, she didn't have any comment on May's political capability, and now I think of it, neither do I. Maybe a good Brexit result for her may save the day.

Actually, it doesn't matter who is in charge, they're in an impossible position. They're mandated to carry Brexit through the process (even though it becomes clearer day by day that it is waaaay more complicated than they told us*) and she is the person who will be responsible for that and whom history will judge. At the very best she will deliver something most people wont like or wont agree with or don't want. A no win situation.

On that basis, no sensible politician would want to challenge her ahead of those negotiations being completed and agreements signed. The next Prime Minister will (in their eyes) be over-seeing the post Brexit land of milk of honey where they can demonstrate an improvement and history will judge them well. So the time to make a challenge isn't now, it is in about a year.

And that's probably what Boris has his eye, because, despite everything we may think about him. He isn't stupid.

It would be a jolly jape if she resigned, but that wont happen because they do so like a bit of power these politician people.

* if only they'd listened to experts.

She's been dead for a while, Boris is making noise but I doubt he or anyone else will actually call for a new leader yet because Brexit is shaping up to be a car crash, it's safer for the other Tories to let May be the fall guy for that and the next leader can pledge to clean up 'her' mess.

Brexit negotiations have been moved to accommodate her speech in Florence - this is her big moment, she has arranged it so that all eyes are on her as they were in the snap election - maybe she has learned from that and has something to say that will put the country on course for something big and positive. Big moment for Theresa - fingers crossed she has a rabbit to pull out of the bag......

Trust a woman to have to clear up a f****** huge mess created by blokes and to know she's going to get absolutely sod all thanks for it!!! :whistling: :winking:

Trust a woman to have to clear up a f****** huge mess created by blokes and to know she's going to get absolutely sod all thanks for it!!! :whistling: :winking:

And that's where my opening post kicked off. I'm not sure large chunks of her Cabinet trust her to do the 'huge mess clearance' thing. I don't know whether she can or can't because since she has been PM I don't think I have seen her do anything of note. That's not a swipe, it's an observation by the way.

Shambolic reshuffle, Justine Greening quits and Bojo & Hunt refuse to be moved. Even the most ardent of Tory must admit that this is the weakest PM in living memory? Thatcher must be spinning in her grave.

Back